Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the neuspeed cup kit for 3 years now and I've loved them but I wanna go an inch lower. I was thinking of swapping out the springs for some ground controls. However, then I started to think for an extra $200+ I've seen some used tein ss for sale. Should I just opt for some used full coilovers instead of some custom spring GCs?

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
If you enjoy your Koni shocks just go with GC sleeves. How much lower do you want to go? I seen threads where members with GC want to go lower and upgrade to coils.

Edit: Just saw the 1inch lower...You should be good with the GC.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was in the similar scenario, but backwards -- planning upgrading suspension of my 2nd gen, I was between Tein SS or KONI shocks + whatever springs. I chose KONIs (currently running with OEM springs with perches at lowest setting) and am very happy with the results. I've had a few sets of KONIs in the past, so I know what to expect from them.

My point is, KONI dampers are superior to Tein dampers, if you are happy with what you have now, get the GC sleeves and don't even think twice, it's a proven performer.

I'd get the GC bumpstops, too. http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=10

Stan

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
I've been running koni/GC for 3+ years and I wouldn't give em up for anything.

Before I added the GC to my konis I also contemplated coils but I didn't want to sacrifice the investment, reliability and performance of my konis so adding GC was a no brainer. The only coils that I feel are the equivalent or that I would ever replace my setup with is the tein monoflex. Nothing else even comes close IMHO.

And if u want a bit more comfort u can contact GC directly and request softer custom springrates. Mine's are a tad firmer but that's how I like to roll. :D

...oh yeah...I can slam my car if I want to but I'm already low enough as it is. Remember, u can go lower on the koni perches AND spin the ring on the GC as low/high as u want AND THEN adjust the dampening on the konis for comfort/firmness.

Ur welcome...I just saved u some Xmas $$... now get the GC lol :thumbsup:

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
I have ran both. My advice would be if you're not going to get a decent coilover ($1000.00 or up variety) don't even bother. I had Tein Basics on my Prelude and they are straight garbage. My Koni/GC's were so much better. To be honest I rarely ever hear anyone complaining about GC's and you're only looking for another inch..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the insight ya'll. I was thinking hard about the GCs cause I used to have the koni/GC combo on my old hatch and I loved them. So with your blessings I shall just buy some GCs. Anyone know what the springs rates of the neuspeed cup kit sport springs are? Idk if I should stick to ground controls stock rates or go with customs since I dd my tsx. All I know is that they are higher than stock lol.

·
pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
Here's some springrate comparisons:

Stock... 280F/175R
Nuespeed sport... 320F/235R
GroundControl-direct... 450F/300R
GroundControl-heeltoeauto... 430F/340R

This should help u decide on the rates u want. If u need more insight u should contact GC directly and tell them what ur current setup is, what type of driver are u, and what type of ride/handling u desire. That should completely narrow it down. GL.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's some springrate comparisons:

Stock... 280F/175R
Nuespeed sport... 320F/235R
GroundControl-direct... 450F/300R
GroundControl-heeltoeauto... 430F/340R

This should help u decide on the rates u want. If u need more insight u should contact GC directly and tell them what ur current setup is, what type of driver are u, and what type of ride/handling u desire. That should completely narrow it down. GL.
Tx slik.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts