Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
^Im sure you googled it by now but it’s 09-14 Tsx.

I’m going to look into the CU2 rear brake setup.

I spent the better part of the weekend trying to make the Fastbrakes rear brake brackets work with 12.3” pilot/MDX rotor and it did not work out. Waste of time.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know 2 guys did this swap, from CU2 to CL9 - I want it do it also, I'm looking for calipers.
It's a direct swap no alteration needed.
One of the guys has a topic on this here: https://hondakarma.com/threads/ichibans-2-4-accord-tourer-07.12463/live?page=2

lol just for the look?? The front calipers are dual pistons vs single piston on CL9 ... did you read the above numbers to see the difference for front and rear, in size and thickness of the discs??
I see he bolted on the CU2 front caliper with success, but no mention of installing the rear CU2 calipers and rotors.
I found two CU2 donor cars in my area, so I can get the rear brake parts for the swap. I'm just not going to bother if it doesn't fit.

I use a personal development adapter
I'm guessing this is you on ebay?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-tsx-04-08-rear-big-brake-kit-upgrate-to-305mm-CL7-CL9/222671929281?fits=Make:Acura|Model:TSX&epid=896245318&hash=item33d847ffc1:g:8GEAAOSw~y9ZAcvF

Do you have any pictures of your kit installed with the emergency brake cable? Do you have to modify the stock emergency brake cable to make your kit fit?

·
Registered
709 Posts
I see he bolted on the CU2 front caliper with success, but no mention of installing the rear CU2 calipers and rotors.
I found two CU2 donor cars in my area, so I can get the rear brake parts for the swap. I'm just not going to bother if it doesn't fit.

I'm guessing this is you on ebay?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-tsx-04-08-rear-big-brake-kit-upgrate-to-305mm-CL7-CL9/222671929281?fits=Make:Acura|Model:TSX&epid=896245318&hash=item33d847ffc1:g:8GEAAOSw~y9ZAcvF

Do you have any pictures of your kit installed with the emergency brake cable? Do you have to modify the stock emergency brake cable to make your kit fit?
A friend of mine installed rear CU2 disc brakes using the caliper adapters from Eugen.

·
Registered
366 Posts
A friend of mine installed rear CU2 disc brakes using the caliper adapters from Eugen.
I was under the impression that you can use these brackets along with a 305mm rotor from the CU2 and retain your stock 1st gen calipers?
Thats what the ebay ad says as well.

Is the CU2 rear brake calipers bigger then the 1st gen TSX rear calipers? I'm guessing it is, but can't really tell from the diagrams.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I was under the impression that you can use these brackets along with a 305mm rotor from the CU2 and retain your stock 1st gen calipers?
Thats what the ebay ad says as well.

Is the CU2 rear brake calipers bigger then the 1st gen TSX rear calipers? I'm guessing it is, but can't really tell from the diagrams.
Yes you are right, the brackets are for stock CL rear calipers to fit the rear CU2 discs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You know, the 04-08 Acura TL rear discs would probably be a direct bolt on, with just the rotor and new caliper bracket:
Rear Discs:
Solid, 11.1 in (282 mm) diameter; 0.35 in (9 mm) thickness

Vs. the TSX 10.2"x 9mm thick rear disc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been comparing pictures quite a bit. It LOOKS like you should be able to swap the complete rear brake setup from a CU2 on to a 1st gen tsx. It would just require the rotors, calipers with brackets and e brake cables since the brake cables mount to the caliper differently. Has anyone tried it? My biggest concern is the bracket bolting to the knuckle and the spacing.

·
Power of DREAMS
10 Posts
To the OP, for the rear rotor is it the accord v6 or 4 cylinder ?
I am in the process of securing all the parts for a front and rear brake upgrade, just wanted to verify,
thanks

·
Power of DREAMS
10 Posts
according to his original post, he states 08 accord rotor and 07 hybrid bracket, thus I was asking for clarification.
not sure if he meant the matching rotor and bracket from an 07 hybrid

·
Registered
22 Posts
All you need is the 11.1" rotor and corresponding caliper bracket.
You don't NEED the dust shields; you can bend the OEM ones out of the way while still maintaining their function.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts