Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 TSX on which I installed Tien basics after my stock suspension blew. I went with Tien basics since all I use the car for is daily driving. I went with stock OEM upper pillow mounts for the install and have been having issues since then. So far, I have gone through 2 pairs of front upper mounts for this car. After the first set wore out – which was after like 1000 miles – I raised up the car a little thinking that it might fix the issue. Wrong. The second set wore out after like 2000 miles. Has anyone else had this issue? These are the first coilover set that hasn’t come with its own set of upper mounts. Please advise if there are any other alternatives to this issue.

Pictures posted below.

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=070FCCDFB824480B&resid=70FCCDFB824480B%211032&authkey=AA3OB8tfmsTVf5A" width="319" height="249" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=070FCCDFB824480B&resid=70FCCDFB824480B%211033&authkey=ALiaoeNjOtnDKF0" width="180" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

·
Registered
34 Posts
You got installation problems

Should be centered not offside like in your pictures. Are you sure you are using the right top mount ? Left right rear front, verify everything is ok.

Also check the lower bracket that holds the shock is the correct one.

The shock holds on top and bottom, should not be hard to find where is the problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got installation problems

Should be centered not offside like in your pictures. Are you sure you are using the right top mount ? Left right rear front, verify everything is ok.

Also check the lower bracket that holds the shock is the correct one.

The shock holds on top and bottom, should not be hard to find where is the problem.
the pictures I posted are the current ones as of 3 days ago. it starts off centered and then starts wearing out like the pics posted.

i'll double check when it comes to the 3rd set I replace it with.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Looks like the strut bar is moving too. The top pic, you can see the shock itself isn't tight by how little thread is above the nut. Did a shop install them?, if so I would not go back to them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think the strut is tight enough. That nut looks like its barely on the strut. That would cause the spring to move around inside the mount and wear it quickly. I would also make sure the spring is seated correctly in both the upper mount and lower perch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.