Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a card from Acura telling me it's in need of an urgent recall.

"Your 2006 Acura is in need of correction to assure its continued SAFE OPERATION. This is a notification of a factory recall. This procedure will be at NO CHARGE to you. We urge you to call us for an appointment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT."

Doesn't say what specifically the recall is. Anybody else get this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You think so? It has a printed Acura label on it. I suppose anybody can do that but my VIN number is on it as well. That's pretty far out if they went to get my VIN...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I'm not sure how this would be a scam if its coming from the dealer. Sure the letter seems iffy, but if its asking you to go to an Acura dealership, how is it a scam? Just make sure to only give your information at the dealership and not over the phone. It might be a power steering hose recall. If you call the dealership and they said they never sent such letter, then its a scam by someone else. Simple.

Call the dealership, ask them what kind of recall it is and how long its going to take. If they beat around the bush and try to sell you other service, hang up. BUT, if you haven't done the power steering hose recall, bring it in regardless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah. I'll have to call tomorrow and see what it's about. I don't think it's a scam either I just don't know how the recall process goes. I will let the forum know if it's anything that would be worth knowing. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
The only recall that I'm aware of for the 2006 is the power steering hose recall. The hose can leak fluid and cause an engine fire. I had it taken care of years ago (before the dealer I bought my car from decided to sell Mercedes Benz instead, so it's been quite a while).

If you bought your car used, perhaps the previous owners didn't bring the car in for the recall.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I called the dealer. It's the power steering hose recall....ha. Apparently the previous owner didn't get it done and they sent me the notice. I was hoping it was my clutch...hah.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Is this recall only specific to the lower states? My Canada dealer told me they have no recalls for my 06? :(

IPhone Autoguide

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
I know arizona had the most issues^. The recall is open for everyone in the states. Not sure about canada since the problem results from hot/dry climate cracking the hoses and eventually causing ps fluid leaks. There is a chance of leaking onto the exhaust and possibly starting a fire

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.