Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front wheel (19x9.5 +42) is just slightly rubbing onto the caliper. when i went to tony to roll my fenders today, we notice my front is slightly rubbing the caliper causing a grinding sound when i roll. he said since its only slightly touching and that its not completely bad at all, the caliper will just shave down a bit of the wheel so it wont make a sound anymore.

question is, is that enough? right now there's no sound so im guessing its done "grinding", but should i still get spacers to be safe? or there's no problem with it now and just leave it at that?

here's a pic

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
To keep ur mind at ease, why not run a small spacer to give it more clearance?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah leaning towards that...trying to find some 3 or 5 mm hubcentric ones with studs

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it safe for me to drive around now?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohhh hmm...i feel like there wont be much studs left if i do 5 mm with no extra studs lol, or im just paranoid.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you mr. tekneek :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome, thanks guys. any 3mm spacers you guys recommend? i normally only see 5 lol.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thank guys! gonna order them and try it out

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I would just grind the wheel a little. If you have a dremel it would take 5 min a wheel. Once you have clearance it will never rub again since they are all attached. IMO no need for a spacer unless you want more offset :p

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sadly i do not have a dremel (nor have i ever even used one!) since the spacers are only around 30 bucks, and they are local, so i'll just pick it up and install it today when i lower my front more :D

thanks for all the help though :thumbsup: i freaked out when i found out i was rubbing the caliper LOL

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
forgestar cf10 19x9.5 all around

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so i i installed the 3mm spacer today, no more grinding!! however...i lose my hubcentric and can't use my hub rings.

question: if i don't feel any vibration or anything without the hub rings, should i just not worry about it? or is it safer/better to have the hubrings or hubcentric spacers?

thanks guys. this is my first set up/modded car so just tryin to do everything right :thumbsup:

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
so i i installed the 3mm spacer today, no more grinding!! however...i lose my hubcentric and can't use my hub rings.

question: if i don't feel any vibration or anything without the hub rings, should i just not worry about it? or is it safer/better to have the hubrings or hubcentric spacers?

thanks guys. this is my first set up/modded car so just tryin to do everything right :thumbsup:
IMO hub rings are not a huge deal if you properly bolt on the wheel (i.e. following the star pattern when putting on the lugs, not bolting each lug all the way, etc.). Since they are cheap, I'd say get them whenever possible, but in some situations (spacers) you can't.

I have non hubcentric 10mm project kics adapter spacers on the front of my car and i don't get vibrations and thats good enough for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts