Acura TSX Forum banner

USAspec + iphone 5

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Ajyizzle 
#1 ·
Anyone with the USAspec adapters here? Does the iphone 5 just hookup? This is my first new phone in ages, so I'm making sure the new phone hooks up to the adapters correctly. The reason I ask is because I realize they made a new plug (lightning). I already bought the adapter for the lightning plug to hookup to the old iphone plug, however I'm just making sure that the lightning is still compatible with the USA spec adapter.

#3 ·
What do you mean the old plug was analog out? Are you referring to the Aux-Out for music only? The cool thing about the USA Spec / iPod adapter is that they actually use a digital connection, which apart from being MUCH Clearer sound, also gives you the text data with the music. I think you should be OK, but buy it from someone who has a 30 day return policy (amazon?)

FYI - I use an iTouch gen 3 on my 2008 TSX with Nav... It works fine for the most part, but most of the time it freezes my nav screen for a while or goes blank when i first start the car, and comes back later on.... kind of annoying, but sounds way better still and you can still use steering wheel controls.

#4 ·
maybe this will help

It’s all-digital, which means that devices like the iPhone 5 should be able to send different sorts of signals over the connector with ease, but also means that you’ll need an adapter to get any sort of analog signal — or to use your existing iPhone cables. For instance, the $29 Lightning to 30-pin Adapter will allow you to use an original 30-pin cable to sync, to charge, and it has an embedded DAC (digital-to-analog converter) to provide analog audio out. With the adapter, you should be able to connect a new iPhone or iPod to compatible car stereos for listening to music on the go.
Apple's new Lightning connector sends shockwaves through the accessory market | The Verge

#7 ·
sweet thanks for all the replies. my USA spec adapter actually got messed up somehow (after 2 years). The connections were pulled too hard somehow (still trying to figure out if I can salvage it). If not I'll be making a new adapter purchase. Any suggestions besides usaspec?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.