Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see what everybody's thoughts were on used parts vs. aftermarket parts? I was in the market for a lip spoiler and noticed the OEM were over $400 new which was crazy. I was about to pull the trigger on an aftermarket spoiler I found on Ebay that I found for $80, when I thought to check my favorite resource for used car parts, car-part.com. They had a number of spoilers for our car listed and the one I purchased was $85. As it turns out, the one I purchased was brand new actually and was the OEM piece. Although it's gray, its not my shade so I planned of having it painted anyway. Have you all thought about using used parts instead of OEM on things like this?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
08f10-tl2-2c0

·
Registered
550 Posts
it all depends......

if I can get better quality than OEM......for less money IM IN.

since your gonna paint that spoiler I dont see it matters much. since price was equal I dont think there is a question....OEM.

something like a brake pad......or strut or damper.....I can buy a better afterm,arket than OEM so again NO QUESTION Aftermarket.

is there a point to your question?

some place like LKQ.....they sell used crap for MORE than NEW. they forget to realize that -25% on any honda part on the internet is standard. they want to get 80% of origianl LIST PRICE uhhhh NO. SORRY.

so for me I always consider all the details and make an educated decision.

I dont think there is ONE ANSWER/

I just bought a mini spare 16x4 w 135 tire never used from an 09 accord for $65 deliviered on eBay. now that is something I should be able to source local......and I did.......the one pick part wanted $100 and would not budge.........OK NO WORRIES BRO.....hope you eat that wheel/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just wondering what people's thoughts were. Seems like most be are on the same page as you though.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Hello Everyone,
When I have to choose between used and aftermarket parts, I would prefer to go with used auto parts. This is so because, this way I can save considerable amount of money and can also avail similar car pefformce like the new ones.
Yeah, but you have to be very careful while going to purchase these parts. While searching for used alternators for my Chevy I found a place called autopartsfair.com which not only provide warranty on parts but also provide spares with OEM certification.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
that spoiler definitely yes. i was pretty close to picking up a glacier blue one for 60 bucks, then repaint it to grigio lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that spoiler definitely yes. i was pretty close to picking up a glacier blue one for 60 bucks, then repaint it to grigio lol
This spoiler actually started as grigio but I had it resprayed to ppm. Lol.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Could you help me a little with looking for parts I don't see Rear Wing or Trunk Spoiler Lip in the list of parts. How could I search for this which one do I choose for those two?

Thank you

-Brand new owner of a Crystal Pearl Black 2013 Acura TSX so hold my hand on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.