Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1st Gen Owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what LED bulbs are recommended and which fit for low beam and high beam headlights on the stock headlight housing for the 1st gen TSX. I really need to change them asap and I didn't want to just get HIDs and prefer to go to LED since they last longer without going out.

·
Registered
176 Posts
LED would be a downgrade for the low beams. Not designed for a projector and those bulbs on amazon/ebay scatter light everywhere. The OEM TSX projector is one of the best ever, and people spend a lot of money to retrofit TSX projectors into their car for a reason. Get a nice set of D2S bulbs and polish your headlights to make them as clear as possible. I have the phillips xtreme vision Gen 2 for max visibility, but if you want something with more blue to it the osram CBI is another great option.

Don't get cheap D2S bulbs off ebay, they suck. spend the money and get something good like phillips or osram. if you need bulbs, i have a set of mint Osram nightbreakers with only a few hours on them doing nothing in my garage.

for high beams LED is hit or miss. tried some H1 hirakari, highly rated on amazon, and they had worse visibility than my old worn out osram nightbreaker high beams halogens. I ended up just getting a fresh set of osram nighbreakers for the high beams for $25 and returning the LEDs.

·
1st Gen Owner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get a nice set of D2S bulbs and polish your headlights to make them as clear as possible. I have the phillips xtreme vision Gen 2 for max visibility, but if you want something with more blue to it the osram CBI is another great option.
I just looked in to osram and I read amazing reviews. Thank you for the knowledge, I know nothing about headlights lol. I already polished mine so they're nice and clear. I saw the CBI ones and I like those a lot cause they have a slight hint of blue is not too exaggerated. I'll probably get those cause I like the super white or slightly blue headlights. I found them for 75 bucks is that reasonable?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found them for 75 bucks is that reasonable?
You gotta watch out for counterfeits. Too easy to put generic china bulbs in a phillips/osram box and sell $10 bulbs for 10X the price. They're $110 from a reputable seller like TRS and they do sales pretty regularly. I think i got my phillips XV gen 2 marked down from $170/pair to $150 with a coupon. I bet they do a 4th of july sale. Sign up for their newsletter and you'll see a discount code soon. Good business to support since their testing is fantastic for discerning hype from actual performance. Bit more than the rest but you know it's legit and if there's any issues they'll stand behind their products and make it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts