Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was initially interested in VLED's V3 Triton bulbs, but after seeing the price ($140!) and the install which didn't seem plug-and-play, I opted for VLED's best alternative imo. They were $50 for the pair and I am very pleased with the results. I didn't get the Cree ones because I couldn't find a color temperature rating on them and they didn't see to have side-firing LEDs to fill up the reflector. The ones I got were plug-and-play and have 21 LEDs total, 3 facing out, and 18 along the side. I think they're 5 watts too, I know BluLabelCL9 was asking about that. These had a color temps listed, lumen output listed (510 lumens), and plenty of other specs:

5K WHITE 7443 21 LED PARKING BACK-UP LIGHT BULBS 7440 | 1 PAIR - 7443 - 7440 LED - Reverse Back-Up - Bulb Type

The ones I purchased are the 5K color temperature version, which matches my 5K license plate LEDs I purchased from them. This shade of light also means they don't come off as looking cheap, like something you'd buy at Auto Zone. The pictures were taken at two separate times so if the car is clean in one shot and dirty in another, that's why. :laugh: Also, because of that, the side of the car the LED is on changes from one set of pics from the other.
NOTE: These pics are ONLY a comparison between stock and the LEDs. I figured this was more important.

Nighttime:

Daytime (direct sun):

Daytime (shade):

Light Output:

I tried adjusting my camera to make it come out as close as to what my eyes were seeing.

I took some of the pics at my parents house and I was so impressed with the output, I brought my mom out to see. I told her, "You might want to look away at first." "Just do it." she says. I put the car in reverse and she's like, "Oh gosh!". They blinded her for a second.

Stock filament:

LEDs:

Conclusion:
Let's face it, even HIDs get washed out in direct sunlight, but even still, these outshine the filaments, providing other drivers greater visibility for you. And at night, they shine much more light so you don't hit anything. They are honestly bright as hell and I couldn't stare directly at them longer than a few seconds. Aside from all that crap though, they just look dope as hell and that's the most important part, amirite? If I had to list a con, I would say the LEDs themselves aren't quite as attractive and subtle as the filament bulbs when they aren't on. But they blend in the housing very well with their silver casing so it isn't a big deal. Some people might even prefer it.

Reactions: BluLabelCL9

·
Registered
652 Posts
Now that's a review! One picture I would like to see, is the reverse lights from inside the car with tint.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ looks great!

I bought the $20 version in March but they were on backorder. Barely came in last week. Sitting in the trunk for now.

5K WHITE 12 LED BACK-UP REVERSE LIGHT BULBS 7443 | 1 PAIR
Ah I was also looking at those. Lemme know how they work out!
Now that's a review! One picture I would like to see, is the reverse lights from inside the car with tint.
I have just the 75% factory tint. If you want, I can try and take one as it is?
Great review like always :thumbsup:
Thanks!

If I missed anything, any photo angles or anything, anyone just ask and I'll try and get to it. If anyone wants to send me bulbs to test out, I can do that too. Just ship em to me and I'll ship them back.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Great review. I had these on before, wasn't a big fan of the output to be honest. I ended up switching to projector reverse LED's. Made a huge difference.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Yeah if it's not too much trouble. Just from inside with them on in the dark. I've got 20% and it's stuuuupid dark at night haha.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great review. I had these on before, wasn't a big fan of the output to be honest. I ended up switching to projector reverse LED's. Made a huge difference.
Oh yea? Which projector LEDs did you get? Cree? Do you remember how many lumens they were? These are rated at 510 which is pretty bright. I'm not sure how much more I'd want before it became TOO bright and blinded anyone on the business end of these.

Yeah if it's not too much trouble. Just from inside with them on in the dark. I've got 20% and it's stuuuupid dark at night haha.
Haha I'll see what I can do. Perhaps this weekend.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Oh yea? Which projector LEDs did you get? Cree? Do you remember how many lumens they were? These are rated at 510 which is pretty bright. I'm not sure how much more I'd want before it became TOO bright and blinded anyone on the business end of these.

Haha I'll see what I can do. Perhaps this weekend.
This is the best picture I can find. Not sure any info about it. I bought it from Nextmod in Toronto... Here's a pic of it.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'll send you one of my Cree just to see them side by side.
Let's do it.
Looks great.
Thank you
This is the best picture I can find. Not sure any info about it. I bought it from Nextmod in Toronto... Here's a pic of it.
These?

LED Projector

They don't look all that bright in your pic. :p They look like Crees. You've seen them both up close so who am I to say? But for a $25 seemingly no name brand, and a simple outward facing beam, I don't see how these could produce more than 510 lumens on their own. The website has absolutely no specs on em haha. You should send me one so I can compare.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry if you think I'm bashing your thread. Definitely not. Loved your review.

Their supplier seems to be JLC Lightings. They're 720 lumens which I guess is pretty blinding. As far as brightness goes. I'll take pics tonight to try and compare as best as possible to your distance. Here's the specs and stuff.

CREE 5W High Power SMD 7440 992 T20 LED Bulbs - powered by CREE Q5 LED
Nah it's all good. Damn 720 lumens, very nice. But I don't see color temperature, which is why I shied away. I wanted to make sure they matched my license plate LEDs (and HIDs to an extent). And with no side facing LEDs, it would seem it wouldn't fill up the stock reflector and instead look like two flashlights shining out. At least that's how I imagine them lol. But yeah take some pics! I was about 12 feet away from the garage door. You can post em in there. I'm curious to see the light spread since mine are pretty wide because they utilize the stock housing.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Go with the 25W JLC and I'm positive you will not be disappointed. Pops put them on his truck with 5% tint and was blown away with the light output.

Let's do it.
I got your PM, send me the address and I'll send them out tomorrow.

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Is this them? I'm assuming they're more on the 6k side too?
7440 7443 T20 25W Cree LED Parking Brake Reverse Light Bulb
:nod: Yup those. Eh I'll let Velo's comparison determine the color temp. To me they look more 5k than 6k. They look whiter in person compared to the cell phone pics.

I'll send you both for a full review :) I can live a few days without reverse lights. I don't have to backup on a 120ft dark driveway where I live now :laugh:

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:nod: Yup those. Eh I'll let Velo's comparison determine the color temp. To me they look more 5k than 6k. They look whiter in person compared to the cell phone pics.

I'll send you both for a full review :) I can live a few days without reverse lights. I don't have to backup on a 120ft dark driveway where I live now :laugh:
Hooboy. Crees seem to be the top competitor so it should be a good showdown. :2guns::eek: I'll have to be creative this time and find a good dark but white backdrop since I won't have my parents garage door at my disposal.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Stoooked.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts