Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I researched the forum and a couple other places online and decided to go with the V-LED.com license plates lights. I chose them for a couple reasons...price, reviews and a more pure white output from the lights.

Now onto the pics:

Side by side comparison with the stock bulb:

All of the following shots were taken at f4.0 w/ a .5 second exposure. This seemed to make the pics look the most "real world" to me.

Stock bulbs:

Half-n-half:

V-LEDs:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Had mine on three cars for 2-3 years now; along with every other light on the cars. The, I think, two instances I've had with failures they've replaced for free well after the warranty point.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Those are very bright! I like them!

I have had my eBay lights since I picked up the car 3 years ago. Still strong and bright.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beware, these leds lasted me like 7 months.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely update the thread if this ever happens.
Had mine on three cars for 2-3 years now; along with every other light on the cars. The, I think, two instances I've had with failures they've replaced for free well after the warranty point.
Good info Zulu! I read the same when doing my research, so I wasn't too worried.
Those are very bright! I like them!

I have had my eBay lights since I picked up the car 3 years ago. Still strong and bright.
Thanks!

·
Drive It Like U Stole It
249 Posts
why would anyone want to make the LP lights brighter? :scratch: so cops and everyone else can ID ya plate at night? :scratch: okay whatever :dunno:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could say the same thing about any mod that makes your car more distinguishable I suppose.

IDK about you, but it doesn't matter to me if people or police ID my plate or not while I'm driving around. Nothing to hide here.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
I personally like the crisp white light rather than the dim yellowish halogens. I've been told and agree that it adds a subtle but cleaner look. The only halogens on my entire car are the high beams (specific reasons). I don't even run them as DRLs. My fogs (hid) do that.
Yay LEDs

IPhone Autoguide

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
why would anyone want to make the LP lights brighter? :scratch: so cops and everyone else can ID ya plate at night? :scratch: okay whatever :dunno:
The same can be said on why you would want a louder exhaust. So cops and hear you coming?

It's personal preference.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
They can see your plate either way. The LEDs look a lot nicer at least :laugh: I'd never go back to regular bulbs after having LEDs for my license plate. Makes the car look a lot nicer. I think the regular bulbs look kinda old now, but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just a quick question for you guys, i ordered the v leds 168-194 size LED all in white, there is 1 bulb on each side in the amber head light side marker and 1 bulb on each side in the red rear reflector, do you think it would look weird if i popped in a white led in these or will it still come out as amber/red when they light up? the reason why i am asking is because i am wondering if i should get the v led 168-194 in orange for the front markers and in red for the rear markers. what do you guys think ?

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Unfortunately Des, the ones in the red housing will most likely look more pink/pale red :S and the amber will look more pale yellow. This is why dedicated auto led sites suggest a color match. Might not be the case if you tinted your tails tho.

IPhone Autoguide

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I'll post mine too. They aren't too bright at all. Just right in my opinion. Sorry no before shots. I think they look "ghostly" on my black backdrop. Had mine for over a year.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Unfortunately Des, the ones in the red housing will most likely look more pink/pale red :S and the amber will look more pale yellow. This is why dedicated auto led sites suggest a color match. Might not be the case if you tinted your tails tho.

IPhone Autoguide
Thanks Bro :) now all i have to do is get me some amber/red v-leds and ill be set :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered the same ones the OP has, and it feels like the circle bulge in the middle of the led between the two terminals seems too big, because mine will not slide in. The reg bulb slides in and out just fine but the leds refuse to go in. Did i get the wrong ones or am i overlooking something on something like this that is so simple lol.

Also, first post :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts