Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this is old news but I am watching Road Trip to the Auto Show (Chicago) on ESPN now and they showed the 2004 TSX. One of the comments they made was that the TSX was currently only available in a V4 but they said to look to next year for a special performance package with a V6. Interestingly enough it is hosted by C. Van Tune who did the special TSX preview that is being shown on TIVO.

George C.

1991 Honda Prelude
Possibly a future TSX owner (if V6 is true)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
cifrancgx said:
Sorry if this is old news but I am watching Road Trip to the Auto Show (Chicago) on ESPN now and they showed the 2004 TSX. One of the comments they made was that the TSX was currently only available in a V4 but they said to look to next year for a special performance package with a V6. Interestingly enough it is hosted by C. Van Tune who did the special TSX preview that is being shown on TIVO.

George C.

1991 Honda Prelude
Possibly a future TSX owner (if V6 is true)
First of welcome to the site!!!!!!! feel free to join our other discussions.
I dont think they will make the tsx a v6 unless they decide to make a type S with a v6 engine.. But then again they are gonna come out with a new acura TL that looks just like the tsx and will have a v6 with much more power then the tsx. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: Re: V6 TSX next year??

tsxclub said:
First of welcome to the site!!!!!!! feel free to join our other discussions.
I dont think they will make the tsx a v6 unless they decide to make a type S with a v6 engine.. But then again they are gonna come out with a new acura TL that looks just like the tsx and will have a v6 with much more power then the tsx. :D

Thanks! Woe!! I downloaded the hi-res concept shots of the 04 TL and it looks sweet!! I will have to wait until the Fall and see how this turns out! Hope I can afford it! I want to stay under 35K

I am going to drive up to Acura dealer in Dublin, OH and check out the 04 TSX in the meantime. I got to see that interior up close!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! I just took a test drive of a black automatic at the Dublin, OH Acura dealer. Very nice. I really think the Navi is really cool. I programmed it to take me home and then back to the dealer. The inline 4 seems to have enough power for me, so maybe I won't wait for the V6. I need to save up some cash though so it might not be until later in the year that I can get it. I am also curious what the 04 Acura TL will be like.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
cifrancgx said:
Wow! I just took a test drive of a black automatic at the Dublin, OH Acura dealer. Very nice. I really think the Navi is really cool. I programmed it to take me home and then back to the dealer. The inline 4 seems to have enough power for me, so maybe I won't wait for the V6. I need to save up some cash though so it might not be until later in the year that I can get it. I am also curious what the 04 Acura TL will be like.
Hehe yea the car is asome.. TL will be a luxury car like the Maxima and altima..

·
Registered
7 Posts
cifrancgx said:
How did the accelerator pedal feel with drive-by-wire throttle system?
Did you ask for a dealer price of TSX?

·
Registered
97 Posts
there will never be a v6 tsx......that would interfere wit the tl sales....

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
6 spEed TSX said:
there will never be a v6 tsx......that would interfere wit the tl sales....
that may be true but then again they might make it v6 for the type S model.. acura always has a type S model so tsx should have one aswell.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeh i think for the type s they would just bump up the power.

·
Registered
97 Posts
nahh honda doesn't boost, but deff a 20 horse gain....

·
Registered
17 Posts
20 HP seems too low. If anything it will be a 40HP boost.

RSX 160 to 200
CL/TL 225 to 260

Why is the RL's HP so low? Shouldn't it be like 300HP. I mean it is an ultra-luxurious car

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeh i thought more like a 40 horse gain too...das what rumors are anyways, and torque should be close to 200 if not more, the next gen rl is supposed to have 300 horses, das in like 2005....the 2004 redesigned tl will have like 280-300 also....can't wait!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
After doing alot of thinking i think they will change the tsx abit for next years model what do you guys think? maby different engine or something for more power...

·
Registered
97 Posts
juss more power....the design will be the same....maybe more options, or newer technology....

G

·
There's certain room

Looking under the hood of mine, it certainly looks like the designed in room for a V6. There's a huge pile of space right where the second bank of cylinders would sit on a V6.

Of course, whether they take advantage of that space or not is more of a marketing question, but if I were an engineer on that project I'd sure be itching to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
manual tl

Any ideas if the new TL will get a manual tranny.. it's so hard to find a manual, 4 door leather car with nav these days (for 33 or less)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Re: There's certain room

hackscode7 said:
Looking under the hood of mine, it certainly looks like the designed in room for a V6. There's a huge pile of space right where the second bank of cylinders would sit on a V6.

Of course, whether they take advantage of that space or not is more of a marketing question, but if I were an engineer on that project I'd sure be itching to do it.
I agree i think type s version will be a v6 or they wont make it at all.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts