Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an auto show on ESPN and the host mentioned that TSX fans could expect a V6 TSX to be coming out soon. Does anyone have any information on this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
baxteria said:
I was watching an auto show on ESPN and the host mentioned that TSX fans could expect a V6 TSX to be coming out soon. Does anyone have any information on this?
Possible for sure, but really, that would be cutting into the TL. Personally, I have no clue who would buy a TL (03) when you can get a TSX with much more modern features, except perhaps the engine.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Re: Re: V6 Tsx!!!

schalliol said:
Possible for sure, but really, that would be cutting into the TL. Personally, I have no clue who would buy a TL (03) when you can get a TSX with much more modern features, except perhaps the engine.
Well, the 2003 TL has more interior room and has a better engine (more torque and HP).

For 2004, the new TL is definitely more car.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
It will be just like the Nissan Altima Vs Nissan Maxima they dont cut in to each other sales at all. TSX they will be pushing alot the TL will be an expensive sadan to compete with the G35, Maxma,Bmw sadans and the Lexus GS what do you think?

·
Registered
954 Posts
tsxclub said:
It will be just like the Nissan Altima Vs Nissan Maxima they dont cut in to each other sales at all. TSX they will be pushing alot the TL will be an expensive sadan to compete with the G35, Maxma,Bmw sadans and the Lexus GS what do you think?
Yes, I agree. The TSX will be competing with the likes of the BMW 325i, IS300, Audi A4 1.8T, Mercedes-Benz C230 and Saab 9-3, while the new TL will be competing with the Infiniti G35, BMW 330i, Mercedes-Benz C320 and Audi A6. I don't think it will be competing as much with the Lexus GS430 or BMW 540i as they are larger, more expensive cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My local paper did a reveiw of the new 2004 TL. Sounds (and looks) similiar to the TSX, but has a 6 cylinder. The reviewer RAVED about the sound system. Said that all kinds of soundproofing was added specifically for a surround sound system. When I bought my TSX, the dealer I initially went to for a test drive tried to sell my an 03 TL for the same price. I simply said that for the money, I like the TSX better. Turned out I got a better price through a broker.

·
Registered
9 Posts
plus, the Tsx is based on the euro Accord, I doubt they would want to redesign the TSX for a v6 when the car, tooling, parts, suppliers, ect. are already in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts