1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
what a waste honestly. its not even gonna hook. and its so heavy in the front now it wont even handle. stupid decision in my opinion a better choice would have been an SR or RB.

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
what a waste honestly. Its not even gonna hook. And its so heavy in the front now it wont even handle. Stupid decision in my opinion a better choice would have been an sr or rb.
+1

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Does it go down when you close the hood like a jack-in-a-box? :laugh: jk

Saw the other thread with the video, pretty intense build. Props to your friend:thumbsup:

And I'm pretty sure they took care of the weight issue. I mean look at the build, looks like they know what they are doing.

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it go down when you close the hood like a jack-in-a-box? :laugh: jk

Saw the other thread with the video, pretty intense build. Props to your friend:thumbsup:

And I'm pretty sure they took care of the weight issue. I mean look at the build, looks like they know what they are doing.
The car is braced very well underneath. I will try to get a picture of it. The father son team have 30 years of drag racing and have had many 8-9 sec cars. They did this for the hell of it. They are not even Honda fans.

For those of you with the bad comments, grow up. I put these pix to share the incredible efforts it took to pull something like this together.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
No matter how you look at it, you gotta respect the work though. I mean, these guys must know cars to be able to fabricate this. Most of us only know what works and what doesn't. These guys know how it works. Gotta respect that.

Reactions: BluLabelCL9

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
The car is braced very well underneath. I will try to get a picture of it. The father son team have 30 years of drag racing and have had many 8-9 sec cars. They did this for the hell of it. They are not even Honda fans.

For those of you with the bad comments, grow up. I put these pix to share the incredible efforts it took to pull something like this together.
grow up? really? post a video of this car going down a track. it will not hook nor drive straight.

Ok ill give them credit that the figured out if they cut wheel wells out and added bracing you can stick an obnoxiously large engine in a tiny car.

When the driver kills him self bc the car is uncontrollable than those involved in this build will understand.

That chassis is going to crack, the cage is not sufficient for the amount of power that motor will produce. it just simply will not work.

Once again ill say it again. Just because you can, doesnt mean you should. put the motor where it belongs. in a GTO.

And if you cant take criticism why post it up? No one said anything against you personally.

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That chassis is going to crack, the cage is not sufficient for the amount of power that motor will produce. it just simply will not work.
You haven't seen the under bracing yet and you're making the assumptions LOL. You are ridiculous :laugh:.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
You haven't seen the under bracing yet and you're making the assumptions LOL. You are ridiculous :laugh:.
ok just because the under side is braced does not mean that the top cant twist? are you serious right now? once again post a video of it going down a track. Ive been building cars since I can ever remember, Ive built anything from an SR to dart motors with blowers on them. that car is useless, the weight distro is like 90 10 and it wont drive. sorry. you dont have to believe me but the track does not lie.

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dude, people like you make me hate this site. You just wont stop til you win. Like I said before "grow up".I dont really give a crap what you've done, I am just posting a friends car for all to view. Something like this doesn't come around often, so just respect the work involved and appreciate it for what it is. Lets face it, Im not a Chevy guy either, but I think its cool in its own way. Now, get off my thread!!!!!!

·
Gotta take a Dookie
570 Posts
I would have to agree with awoc. He did post to show people what a unique modded car this is. even though it is not "ideal" to a lot of people it is someones hobby to mod cars a certain way. So what if it is unethical, its to each their own and it should be that way. Yeah you have an opinion too but no need to trash on someones car or say its "dumb to mod a certain way". Shoot if they have the money to do whatever, then they should see their dream come true. If you have nothing good to say dont say it at all. Its just not polite.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Dude, people like you make me hate this site. You just wont stop til you win. Like I said before "grow up".I dont really give a crap what you've done, I am just posting a friends car for all to view. Something like this doesn't come around often, so just respect the work involved and appreciate it for what it is. Lets face it, Im not a Chevy guy either, but I think its cool in its own way. Now, get off my thread!!!!!!
:laugh:

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i agree with awoc and i have friends that build race cars everyday and have for a long time my buddys mustang has a cage/relatively stock chassis(i.e no real underbracing other than welded cheap pos s.f.c's that came on the car when he got it ) and it goes straight and is controlable, so saying that this car isnt going to go straight or be controlable just by looking at pics is RETARDED

alot of work went into the car and it is not my cup of tea at all but hella credit goes to the builders of this car as i can respect every bit of work put into this cause i know it had to been a task ! they did a great job

1 - 18 of 18 Posts