Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed our service logs for the dealers say to adjust the valves at XXXXX Intervals or when noisy....? Has anyone taken it in for this kind of service? I recently purchased a 08' TSX (woot) and it seems the valvetrain is pretty noisy at cold startups... should I take it in? or is it a vtec syndrome? XD :tardsmash Any input would be appreciated :)

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
I noticed our service logs for the dealers say to adjust the valves at XXXXX Intervals or when noisy....? Has anyone taken it in for this kind of service? I recently purchased a 08' TSX (woot) and it seems the valvetrain is pretty noisy at cold startups... should I take it in? or is it a vtec syndrome? XD :tardsmash Any input would be appreciated :)
have you ever had a Over Head Cam before? they are very noisy to start off with. at a cold start its normal bc the oil isnt circulating right away

this is what it shouldnt sound like when its warm:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey that sounds like a subaru!!! lol Yeah i had a crapalier a few years ago 2.4 dohc... i dont remember it having the same ticks and whines when it was cold though... :) It Is My First Vtec Though =)

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
hey that sounds like a subaru!!! lol Yeah i had a crapalier a few years ago 2.4 dohc... i dont remember it having the same ticks and whines when it was cold though... :) It Is My First Vtec Though =)
honda dohc are typically very loud under the cover. as long as it doesnt sound un even its ok. if it sounds like its un even you will need it to be adjusted

·
Registered
305 Posts
Piggybacking off the op , how hard is the valve adjustment. My dealer recmd'd it and also I have a small leave so might have to change gasket. Any DIY for valve adjusting.... Is this just better to hand over to trusted mech/stealer ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts