Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been lurking like a mofo for about a month now and thought it was time. I've had her for a few weeks now and she's still very much stock as hell...for now. I'm a member of various other Honda and a couple Acura forums as well as a mod on the CD5Tuner and CB7Tuner forums. Here she is; black on black with 35k miles on her:

Current "mods" include Acura all season floor mats, Acura trunk tray, and v-leds.com 5000k license plate LEDs. Also have Nokya 2500k fog bulbs and splash guards I've yet to install.

Future mods include a drop (A-Spec likely), ECU reflash, wheels, lip kit perhaps, and possibly a spoiler (EDM duckbill looks promising).

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
welcome.

I wouldnt' install splash guards as they scratch the paint, unless you NEVER plan to take them off.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome.

I wouldnt' install splash guards as they scratch the paint, unless you NEVER plan to take them off.
Thanks. In my lurking I read much on that subject. But I figured if I got a kit (OEM or Euro R), I would change out the side skirts anyway and the rear would be covered mostly by the kit. If I did keep the current stock kit, I would never remove the guards.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And before this beaut, I had this for six years, which explains my love for Accords. Had a metric fukton of mods including Mugen and "mad tyte JDM" parts, HID retro, motor swap, the works. My old '94 Accord SiR:

·
5,412 Posts
Thanks. In my lurking I read much on that subject. But I figured if I got a kit (OEM or Euro R), I would change out the side skirts anyway and the rear would be covered mostly by the kit. If I did keep the current stock kit, I would never remove the guards.
It scratches more than the sideskirts. it scratches part of the lower part that is part of the fender. Its not bad but something to consider.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It scratches more than the sideskirts. it scratches part of the lower part that is part of the fender. Its not bad but something to consider.
Probably something some wax or maybe a non-abrasive polish couldn't solve though right? We talkin hairline scratches or "I dropped my shammy on the ground and tried to dry the car with it"...kind of scratches?

·
5,412 Posts
maybe scratches wasnt the right word i was looking for. my car came with mudguards and it is more like the paint is scratched off.

here is my OEM side skirt after i got a-spec. Its not as bad on the lower fender portion but the paint did scratch/rub off, meaning wax or polish will not work.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe if I don't tighten it down so close to the paint it will help. Like a little gap. I know I want the Euro-R front, but am not sure what sides and rear go well with it. Maybe just stock sides and rear could work.

·
5,412 Posts
Yeah its up to you. I think you should get some sort of soft rubber material to protect the car when installing the mudguards.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well assuming I could get something black to stick on the splash guard against the paint, there'd still be a chance of dirt and sand getting in between those two objects. The other option is to put the black rubber (or whatever) on the paint itself, but obviously that has it's own problems. One way or another, something will be in contact with that paint. Creating a little bit of space between them might be the safest way, unless you have more specific ideas.

·
5,412 Posts
not sure how i'd do it, its just a thought. I live in california so mudguards arent even needed. Good luck with whatever you choose to do

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome! I have the exact same combination of features and it was very hard to find. It took me months...

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome, and clean Sir

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Welcome to the club. I love your 5th gen. I came from one too. And like tekneek said, don't rock the mud guards unless you really love them.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome! I have the exact same combination of features and it was very hard to find. It took me months...
Yeah seemed almost that long for me too. Had it shipped from a Carmax in Virginia Beach. I wasn't about to settle on a car I would have for a while and pay this much for.
Welcome, and clean Sir
Thanks so much.
Welcome to the club. I love your 5th gen. I came from one too. And like tekneek said, don't rock the mud guards unless you really love them.
Ah cool. Yeah it was an easy transition between the two cars since the dimensions were virtually identical, and for me, this K24 is as powerful or more powerful than the H22 I had swapped.

I do love splash guards as you can tell from my 5th gen, but only if it's on stock sides and rear. I already bought em so I might as well use em for now. I'm going to keep an eye on the paint behind it and try and make a decision on what sides and rear I ultimately want to put on the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts