Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been experiencing a significant vibration through the steering wheel as well as a good bit of vibration from the rear (can feel it in the front seats). Not to mention my steering wheel was not centered (driving straight meant the wheel needed to be turned to the right)

I took it to my mechanic (who historically has taken care of any problem I've had) and told him what was up. I get the car back after he balanced wheels and rotated tires yet the steering wheel needed to be turned to the left in order to go straight (the opposite of before). The ride was smooth until two days later when the vibration returned to how it was before I dropped the car off.

I take it back. The steering wheel is now almost aligned but still hangs a little to the left. And yet after 4 days of driving, the vibration is back in its entirety.

I am annoyed now and want results. It seems as if my mechanic is likely at fault. But I'm curious to know if maybe anyone has experienced this before and maybe there's something more to this situation.

·
2,608 Posts
I put on some coilovers and rear camber kit and got an alignment after and now my steering is messed too, I have to turn the wheel left a bit to go straight :madfawk:

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
I put on some coilovers and rear camber kit and got an alignment after and now my steering is messed too, I have to turn the wheel left a bit to go straight :madfawk:
+1

Me too.

I got it aligned and it helped but it still does it. I also bought new tires and that fixed it but then it returned again. I'm guessing its less than perfect alignment or something w/the suspension parts.

·
2,608 Posts
there's a whole thread over here about the same problem too... seems like it's not fixable... arghh!

http://tsx. a c u r a z i n e . com/forums/showthread.php?t=672659

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have rear camber kit and rear sway bar.. seems to be a pattern of sorts. Did we all just get shitty alignment jobs?

·
free beard rides!
961 Posts
^^^I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the axles but that was only during certsain speeds!! Offset/suspension add strain to axles and gears causing them to vibrate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^^I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the axles but that was only during certsain speeds!! Offset/suspension add strain to axles and gears causing them to vibrate
If it was an axle issue shouldn't the vibration only occur when accelerating?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
If it was an axle issue shouldn't the vibration only occur when accelerating?

Yes and No. It might only happen at acceleration at 60-70mpg on certain cars.

For Every one. I don't think its your alignment. I have had a perfectly aligned car from 2 different shops that still tracks to the right. But I Know for sure its my tires. Im am not worried. I am running Tein CS's and Ingalls rear kit and the pull has not change at all. Its still very slight.

Like I stated in the acura zine thread, Its due to the naturally low caster setting of the tsx. That is why the car pulls. with a perfect alignment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@ OP

this kinda sounds like a tie rod issue.. if they can get it aligned and all is well for a few hours/days, then progressively gets worse.... it might be a faulty tie rod

ive had problems with tie rods on a couple of my cars and this sounds familiar. my taurus had this issue and it was not cheap to repair.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have had the same issue since maybe a year into when i bought my car... i've been trying to figure out the problem but never posted. My car pulls to the left, got an alignment done and a week later did it again, its been over a year now and the problem hasn't gone away

·
2,608 Posts
well my car is still the same...have to always keep the wheel left to go straight.. so annoying and retarded... :mad:

·
Registered
189 Posts
i did my own four wheel alignment and tire balance and have not had any issues. i used the hunter alignment rack. and to balance a hunter balance. i set my toe in a bit to the center but still within spec. and for the tires i balanced and used a setting called road force variation. this just dosent measure if its balance it tells you how much road force it has per complete revolution. a passenger vehicle should have less then 26 lbs. i was at 7-13lbs. if the road force is to high u can actually mark the tire dismount it and remount it at a diff location and this can help bring the road force down. i know for sure discount doesn't use this. but depending where you guys are getting your work done ask for print outs and ask whet equipment they are using. also depending on were you live all roads crown (roads are not even are actually at a angel which help drain water when it rain) keep this in mind when vehicle drifts or pulls ether right or left

1 - 14 of 14 Posts