Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At idle, in D gear, with power steering activated (steering left/right at a stop), it'll produce a vibration with rather loud noise that sounds like something vibrates against a metal board (but not always). It also happens frequently at parking lot when driving at slow speed without applying gas.

I opened the hood, and my friend said he saw the whole set (components that are driven by the belt) were shaking. I was in the car so didn't see it myself. This started before I did the maintenance, but it become more apparent after the I changed the transmission fluid. I hope it is not a transmission problem...

Anyone knows what's wrong? Is this common for ppl who have the Pulley mod done? Or is the belt no good? I use the recommended Gator model. Or is the power steering failing?

Thank you!

:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
895 Posts
My car also vibrates when I turn the steering wheel. My friend(mechanic) said it's normal cuz I have an ETD installed, but I still think it's something else...it's kinda loud and annoying.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
I have UR Pulleys installed on my car for a year now, but i never have any problems with vibrations when turning steering wheel. i never changed my ATF because soomeone mentioned that if you havent changed your ATF once you hit over 80k miles that you shouldnt attempt to change it anymore... still dont understand why though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts