Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Just looking to get some help/advice for my vehicle. So during acceleration at about 80-90kmh I get a heavy vibration basically my whole front especially on the passenger side. I’ve gotten it checked by 3 Mechanics already and we can’t seem to find the problem. First we thought it was the wheels so got it balanced, but vibration was still there next we thought it was the Tranny mounts because it was damaged but we replaced all 3 and still there. Next we thought it was the Passenger CV axle, so we replaced it but the vibration still continues. I don’t know anymore so any help/advice would be much appreciate!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's a shot in the dark, but check your control arms. I have a torn lower bushing that's causing a vibration under acceleration.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Check all the front end bushings.
Then, have your alignment checked.
What did you replace the axle with? Anything other than an OEM axles has been know to cause vibration issues.
If you can't find OEM axles, and everything else with the front suspension is known to be good, the effect can be reduced by having a true road force balance done on the front wheels. Very few shops do this, it is done by balancing the wheels while they are on the car. This actually balances the entire rotating assembly outside the transmission to a certain level and can really help reduce the vibrations a lot. If you do go this route just be aware the balance will need to be done again if you rotate your tires, or even if you remove a wheel without marking its orientation and putting it back on exactly the way you took it off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! Just looking to get some help/advice for my vehicle. So during acceleration at about 80-90kmh I get a heavy vibration basically my whole front especially on the passenger side. I’ve gotten it checked by 3 Mechanics already and we can’t seem to find the problem. First we thought it was the wheels so got it balanced, but vibration was still there next we thought it was the Tranny mounts because it was damaged but we replaced all 3 and still there. Next we thought it was the Passenger CV axle, so we replaced it but the vibration still continues. I don’t know anymore so any help/advice would be much appreciate!!
I have the same issue! 2006

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I just replaced the driver side CV axle and thank goodness the vibration went away!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts