Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have two issues...

First because of my ETD my hood rattles :/ it rattles in the latch but if you just place your hand on the hood it stops. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop it?

Second, as my car is loud and its picking some heat up from the cops, i decided to put my silencers in for awhille. But they rattle in between 1.5k and 2k any ideas on how to stop this? i was gonna try head gasket sealant around in and let it dry than put it in to act as a rubber pad kinda.

any tips would be of use!!

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
You can turn the large black knobs at the front corners of your engine compartment... on the rad support cover near the top of the headlights. CCW will raise them up a bit, and this causes the hood to be forced a tad higher, maybe taking the slack out of the latch. Don't go overboard, or the hood will sit too high relative to the fenders.
Alternatively you can wrap a few turns of black electrical tape around the "U" of the latch (on the hood, not the rad support side) to take up some slack, but it can/will wear out over time. No biggie, just put new stuff on later.

No ideas for the silencers, sorry. The exhaust at that point is relatively cool though so you can probably get away with a general purpose automotive silicone sealant/caulking, and not require the super high-temp headgasket stuff. Most silicones are good to like 500*F... well above the cool temps of the exhaust at the tailpipe (you can put your hand up to it and it won't scald/burn you, so its not above 120*F I wouldn't think).

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can turn the large black knobs at the front corners of your engine compartment... on the rad support cover near the top of the headlights. CCW will raise them up a bit, and this causes the hood to be forced a tad higher, maybe taking the slack out of the latch. Don't go overboard, or the hood will sit too high relative to the fenders.
Alternatively you can wrap a few turns of black electrical tape around the "U" of the latch (on the hood, not the rad support side) to take up some slack, but it can/will wear out over time. No biggie, just put new stuff on later.

No ideas for the silencers, sorry. The exhaust at that point is relatively cool though so you can probably get away with a general purpose automotive silicone sealant/caulking, and not require the super high-temp headgasket stuff. Most silicones are good to like 500*F... well above the cool temps of the exhaust at the tailpipe (you can put your hand up to it and it won't scald/burn you, so its not above 120*F I wouldn't think).
thanks didnt even think about those rubber things. as for the exhaust its actually very hot, it will burn your hand if you touch it:/ i dont think its more than 200 but its very hot. im gonna try some RTV when it gets a little drier out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts