Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2009 Acura TSX and i noticed when I drive 60+ and press the car starts to vibrate. Any clue on what this could be?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I went to jiffy lube and got a tire rotation and oil change. The vibration has calmed down but its definitely still there. I checked my tires and 3/4 are dry rotting. Definitely need new tires, any recommendations?

·
Registered
708 Posts
The vibration you're feeling is likely coming from the axles. These cars are super finicky with axles and have a shaking problem all the time it seems. If you replace them, either look at getting your OEM ones rebuilt with OEM parts or find used OEM ones - the cheap auto parts store axles ALL shake/vibrate. Still yet to hear of anyone running those without shakes.

Edit: I didn't see this was posted in the 2nd gen section. Frankly I don't know shit about 2nd gen TSXs vs 1st gen - so I can't say if the axle problem plagued 2nd gens too. Have to see if someone else chimes in.

·
Registered
187 Posts
For tires, I'm extremely happy with Continental DWS 06. Good traction and good treadwear.
To help with vibration, see if you can find a shop that balances the wheels while they are on the car. Not many places do it but this method balances the entire rotating assembly and IMO is far superior in terms of actual balance. The caveat is it usually costs more and it also means you will have to get them balanced again if you rotate your tires.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, cant find anyone that carries those. Definitely trying to get the best bang for my buck and want to get my tires replaced asap since winter is basically here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts