Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like my gf is going to be picking up a new TL w/ Nav on Wednesday or Friday. She's still at Acura of Boston right now working out the details with the salesman. I got her a great deal at Clair Acura of Walpole ($32,900), but they were going to only give them $1000 for her 1999 Saab 9-5. It pissed them off so they left and went to other dealerships. She finally ended up at Acura of Boston and got along with the Pakistani Salesman there, LOL. Well, she says things are pretty much settled and looking good. So in a few days we are going to be a true Acura couple. She with her brand new 2005 TL Auto w/ Nav and me with my 2005 TSX Auto w/ Nav. She's not telling me what color combo yet because she wants to make it a surprise. Who knows, we could be the Black on Black Acura Couple I'll definitely get a nice photoshoot this week sometime and post the pics. I'm pretty psyched right now and I feel like I had a little something to do with her going with Acura :thumbsup:

My gf just slipped up on the phone and I found out that she's getting a Red 2005 TL Auto w/ Nav and wood trim kit all for $33,700.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Congrats! Gonna get her to mod her TL, like you did with your TSX?:D

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agent_Chen said:
Congrats! Gonna get her to mod her TL, like you did with your TSX?:D
LOL, no she doesn't have the money to. Her parent's are basically purchasing this for her since she drives them everywhere (her parents don't really drive).

She wants the OEM Underspoiler Kit, but that probably won't happen.

Plus, I can't have her car looking better than mine, LOL

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
virtualbong said:
Plus, I can't have her car looking better than mine, LOL
LOL, so true!

Tell her congrats for us! The TL is a nice ride! :thumbsup:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
heheh she's gonna smoke ya ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Both great cars. I have the 04 TL and 05 TSX.

Mygirl is the primary drive of the TL..........what is with girls wanting more HP then guys lol. Atleast she's letting me mod the TSX to my heart content.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, my gf has a faster car now, which I'm a little scared about because she likes to drive fast alot. Hopefully she'll tame herself since this is a new car. I'll have to remind her about the breakin period and all that good stuff.

If I got the OEM Underspoiler Kit for her as a 1 year gift that would be absolutely hilarious. I'm not sure if she would be happy or if she would be pissed. I think it would look hot though!

She did mention that she wants to upgrade the rims and add a spoiler, but I don't know where she would get the money for that.

Well, I guess the color may not be red. She is messin' with my mind! LOL. I hope its Black on Black like my TSX because then the photoshoot would be sick!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
yea but hey.... of course guys drive better regardless how much horses they got hahah.... congrats on the TL bong.... i hope mah girl gets at least a TC lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
I won't admit it, but my girlfriend got me to buy my TSX. She had recently bought a Silver/Ebony RSX and I had a Mini Cooper S at the time ( I loved driving that car). Ohh well, as the story goes on, she would always hint that in the future it would be nice to have matching cars. So for Christmas, I did just that, and I gave her the surprise of her life. I went out an got a Silver/Ebony TSX. She had bought the RSX with the bodykit and 18" rims from the dealer, so I had to go out and get some mods myself...Quick. Since then, I;ve installed the OEM bodykit and foglights, 18" RJ Inspyres, M3 Lip Spoiler, and the A-spec Suspension kit is on it's way ( I can't wait, because the car looks like the MDX right now).

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zonian22 said:
I won't admit it, but my girlfriend got me to buy my TSX. She had recently bought a Silver/Ebony RSX and I had a Mini Cooper S at the time ( I loved driving that car). Ohh well, as the story goes on, she would always hint that in the future it would be nice to have matching cars. So for Christmas, I did just that, and I gave her the surprise of her life. I went out an got a Silver/Ebony TSX. She had bought the RSX with the bodykit and 18" rims from the dealer, so I had to go out and get some mods myself...Quick. Since then, I;ve installed the OEM bodykit and foglights, 18" RJ Inspyres, M3 Lip Spoiler, and the A-spec Suspension kit is on it's way ( I can't wait, because the car looks like the MDX right now).
Very sweet! I think she's happy that she got a new car. That'll keep her happy for a very long time.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
virtualbong said:
If I got the OEM Underspoiler Kit for her as a 1 year gift that would be absolutely hilarious. I'm not sure if she would be happy or if she would be pissed. I think it would look hot though!
why would she be pissed?

·
Registered
256 Posts
-phase- said:
why would she be pissed?
because a girl would want us to spend that kind of money on a LV bag instead! I don't think they can careless about a body kit or rims....but I could be wrong. Anyways, Congrats VB on your g/f's TL!

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DateTSX said:
because a girl would want us to spend that kind of money on a LV bag instead! I don't think they can careless about a body kit or rims....but I could be wrong. Anyways, Congrats VB on your g/f's TL!
Actually my gf for some reason dislikes it when I spend alot on her. I don't quite understand it. And we both take turns (not planned) on paying for food, etc... She does like the good stuff though, so she goes shopping on her own when I'm not around, LOL.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
virtualbong said:
......I got her a great deal at Clair Acura of Walpole ($32,900), but they were going to only give them $1000 for her 1999 Saab 9-5. It pissed them off so they left and went to other dealerships. She finally ended up at Acura of Boston.....
Congrats!
About Clair Acura: It seems to me that we've heard a lot of bad stuff about them, but I did a search and didn't find anything.......

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Zonian22 said:
We also have an RSX in the family as well as the TSX.
And like Type X, my "other half" has a Corolla.

I love the RSX but it's just a little too rugged for me and a little too small.

BTW.....we haven't heard much about the Mini on here for a long time.
Wanna tell us about the Mini S, and how it compares to the RSX and TSX?

The Mini is really hot in these parts.
I'd love to have one for a day.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
larchmont said:
Congrats!
About Clair Acura: It seems to me that we've heard a lot of bad stuff about them, but I did a search and didn't find anything.......
Well, I knew a guy from my old Integra forum who works at Clair Acura Walpole and he actually got a really good deal for my gf and her family ($32,900), but it was the trade in that really pissed her family off. They first offered $1000 for her 1999 Saab 9-5 w/ 95,000 miles, but then after talking more only offered $2500. Acura of Boston offered them $3200 right off the bat and they liked the salesman too because I guess he went to the same high school as my gf's brother.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts