Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started up my 2004 TSX yesterday and the VSA, ABS and the VSA triangle indicator light were all lit up solid and stayed on. I have a feeling this has to do with a speed sensor or something along those lines? Any help would be appreciated about what this means and what the fix could be! Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had this exact issue this July. I filled up gas, hopped on the highway headed out for the night and all 3 lights came on. Car fell into limp mode, wouldnt go past 120 without sounding like it was about to lose power, and vtec would not engage. I thought iwas simply the wheel sensor, but apparently not...With only 112k on the car, being a 2008 one owner I never would have figured what was about to happen.

Took it to the dealer, they ended up replacing my timing chain, the tensioner, and all associated items with it. Got it back, drove it around for another week with no problems, but then AGAIN the lights came back one morning. Went right back and they realized it was the VTC Actuator, which was then replaced. Knock on wood, all has been well to this day. Thankfully everything was covered under my Comprehensive warranty. Was still upset and astonished that all of this would happen, considering how much I baby the car (despite driving spirited on occasion).

Definetely was a scary month, car was there for the most of it (parts on back order, and Honda Canada was being anal with the warranty -- thank god for keeping all my service reciepts from Chi and my other mechanic :p) but I was riding around in a 13' TL-Elite, couldnt complain. Such a sexy car.

Hopefully your situation is a lot less worse. Have you had the codes read yet? I believe mine were 83-1, P0304 (Misfire in Cylinder), and P0011.

Have you tried resetting your ECU? Just yank your battery and plug it back in after a few minutes, see if the codes are stored or anything (the lights may dissapear). Still recommend getting them read asap to avoid any possibility of damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lights illuminated

I haven't had the chance to read the codes yet but I was originally thinking wheel speed sensor like you. What was the final part they replaced on yours that solved it? What does that do? Ill bring the car to my Auto class tomorrow and ill read the codes and see what they say. Hopefully it threw some kind of code when the lights came on, I have noticed the lack of power while driving so I'm guessing it could be similar to your problem! Thanks for the reply any information I can get is appreciated!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had this happen as we'll on my 04 TSX. All 3 dash lights come on and goes into limp mode until I pull over and shut car off and start it up again. Mine is the APP sensor (accelerator pedal position sensor) I think. When I'm driving my rpm's will drop 200-300 rpm's for a second then go back up. Forgot what code came up. My code had to do with Throttle position sensor/APP sensor

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it into my school yesterday and plugged in the snap on scan tool and it came up with a couple of codes, ABS code 51-01 (antilock brake system pump motor malfunction) and 84-01 (sensor logic malfunction) which has something to do with the VSA control module...not sure if thats the same thing as the ABS control module in Acura or not!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.