Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have notice my car very jump n somewhat laggy. I thought it was my clutch was slipping. On the way home tonight frm work my cars check engine light comes on and my VSA light comes on! even if I hit the vsa button it will not go away! No my car doesn't accelerate fast. takes me for ever to even hit 40 mph. I took it to my local auto part store and got a
P2138 code:
Probable causes:
Open or short circuit condition
Poor electrical connection
Failed APP Sensor

Has anyone experienced this before. any info will help

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man i will check in the morning. if anyone else has any input please feel free to chime in!

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
The OP said the VSA light came on AND the check engine light. In almost every occasion of this happening on the forums, it has been because of the timing chain jumping a gear tooth and almost always on an '04 model. I would get you car scanned WITHOUT driving it any further. This could be minor or lead to something very major.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
^ while the CEL may came on at the same time VSA light came on, it could be the fact that the CEL was lucky enough to come on at the same time. thats why were going through this the simplest way, by checking the Modulator and see if any electrical interference is going on, we can move onto bigger steps. heck he might have found something while checking it who knows. im not a mechanic, but going through simple procedures will help the process in the long run and gives you a checklist of whats already been checked..

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
Well, especially with the engine going into limp mode, you need to assume that whatever went wrong could result in extreme damage to the engine. A simple scan will tell you whether or not you can rule that possibility out.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys I had already scanned my car previously and the above^ error came up. I turned on the car this morning and it drove perfect then after about another 2 miles the check engine light went away! lol so random. I called my local Acura dealer and they told me not to worry about it unless it happens again. So i guess as of now I am on edge. I do have a red seat belt / airbag light on no idea wat that is. thanks guys for the help, very appreciated

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^No VSA is gone and so is the check engine everything is perfect once again! super random i know. The red seatbeat/airbag light has been going on and off for about a month now. According to what you said above this mean I have no airbags? never thought n e thing of it but Now its time to get on the ball wit these little fixes. another random problem was my passenger door no longer locks nor opens. i think the lock must of came off track. I will take off door panel to see whats up soon.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Same this happened to me. Turns out it was a low voltage battery that needed to be changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts