Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ever since I bought my tsx a few months ago, I've had the yellow triangle light on start up then I drive and get to 20mph and the vsa light turns on. The car is 6 speed. Brakes are fine. The vsa switch doesn't work when I push it. Some say it the brake pedal switch but my brake lights work. Any ideas? The lights are bothering me now. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I plug it into the obd2 computer I have it doesn't show any codes. Is there another way? Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
With a scan tool.. You have to access the VSA codes separate from the ones stored in the PCM. They can not be read with a code reader only.

·
My car whines
637 Posts
Just as Nick said, you're gonna have to pull any present or pending codes. Otherwise, you'll blindly be replacing parts trying to fix the problem.

A mod should really sticky this post here on how to read and clear abs/vsa codes without a special scan tool: http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-electronics/65742-2004-vsa-light.html. This question has been posted many times in the past few weeks alone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VSA Light

Replace the drive by wire throttle position sensor. An easy plug and play. the part is around $200.

Has happened twice in my 04 6MT

·
Registered
1 Posts
My issue strated after the garage cleared out codes for my air bag. Turned out For some reason it lost its learned steering position. I relearned it and drove seems ok

1 - 10 of 10 Posts