Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up guys, my VSA Light and the "VSA trinagle sysmbol" just came on my 04 tsx, it doesnt turn off when I press the VSA Button, and its been on for about 2 weeks now. I even changed the VSA Switch, but it still stayed on, atleast I know its not the switch. Car still runs fine. Has anyone here had this problem, and how can I fix it.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Odds are its the brake switch. It's dirt cheap, so after checking the obvious (FUSES!), replace the brake switch with a new one (under $10) and you shoudl be good to go.

Warning: You might not have brake lights at the current time -- if not, you KNOW it's the brake switch.

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
Odds are its the brake switch. It's dirt cheap, so after checking the obvious (FUSES!), replace the brake switch with a new one (under $10) and you shoudl be good to go.

Warning: You might not have brake lights at the current time -- if not, you KNOW it's the brake switch.
+1

I had the same issue. If you take it to the dealer, make sure they adjust the switch properly after installing it. Otherwise your cruise control won't work.

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cool thanks guys, I'm gonna get a brake switch from the dealer tommorrow and install it. Will keep you guys updated.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
I have that same/similar problem.. looks like our older cars are starting to develop problems.. how many miles do you have on it ? mine actually wont shift out of park

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Just FYI, the switch from a Honda Accord (and probably all other Honda's of the same year) will work as well. If your Acura dealer doesn't have it, check with Honda. ALso if the Honda dealer is closer, all the better. Mine was from a Honda dealer and works just fine. They come from the same parts bin I assume... ;)

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have that same/similar problem.. looks like our older cars are starting to develop problems.. how many miles do you have on it ? mine actually wont shift out of park
I have a 04 6 speed with 106k miles. I just bought the brake switch today, didnt get the time to put in in today though, so I'll pop it in tomorrow, will let you guys know the results.

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I installed the Brake switch today, but the VSA Light is still on, Does anyone know how to reset the system so I can clear the code? Or do I need to take it to the dealer from them to clear it?

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still havent gotten a chance to go to the dealer to reset the VSA as yet, but I did find this info below on acura zine on how to reset it, but does anyone on here know which pin is the 9th one??????????????????

I have fixed the problem myself without Dealer Scanner!
First of all you need to clear abs errors (that is the main problem why i have failed earlier).

1) Make a shortcut between 4 pin and 9th
2) Press with your foot on the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
3) Wait for the ABS lamp to turn off and then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
4) Wait for the ABS lamp to turn on and press with your foot on the brake pedal again.
5) ABS lamp should turn off, then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
6) Wait for two flashes of ABS lamp. If it flashes it means that errors are erased.

Check the errors, not removing the shortcut - just turn the ignition on, if ABS lamp do not flashes, so no errors are in memory.

Now the main part.

VSA Neutral position setting

Do not touch the brake pedal anymore.

1) Make a shortcut of 9th pin to chassis (i have used a bolt on a door hinge )
2) Turn the ignition on, after ABS lamp turns off, shortly press the "VSA off" button
3) After ABS lamp turns on again, shortly press the "VSA off" button.
4) Now shoud be a lot of different blinks and fashes and all lamps ABS, VSA and triangle should turn off. The problems solved.
5) Open the beer bottle!

·
g0t TSX?
41 Posts
hmm

Questions...dont really want to bring up an old thread....but

My ABS/VSA/Triangle came up the other day, im worried. It went on out of nowhere...Turned off the car, it went away but then came on after i started to drive and then i braked and felt my abs kicking in and then went away and thats when lights came back on. The lights stay on for sure.

My Cruise control works, Brake lights Work...I just dont know what is the issue. VSA regulator?? lots of $$$...brake switch? is that a possibitly for all three lights go on?

LMK help, thanks.

Also I do have to check speed sensors? if thats a possibility i was told...But thats very odd. I

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
dude...i allready told you what it can be...i tell you becuase i went thru a situation with my abs/vsa not working ....

·
Paid 4
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problem Solved, I just used my friend computer to reprogram the vsa, and the light turned off, been about 6 months now, and the vsa works only when i press the button. So all you guys need to do is take it to a mechanic or dealer who has a computer than can reset it, and you should be good to go.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
I have all three and the check engine.. anyone else have this prob? i'v been taking notes and taking one step at a time to figure out all the issues my 04 has.... saldy it's a huge list. thanks!

and when you say install the brake switch correctly... how do you know it's correct without finding out after you don't have CC? which is seldomly to never use anyways... thanks!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I still havent gotten a chance to go to the dealer to reset the VSA as yet, but I did find this info below on acura zine on how to reset it, but does anyone on here know which pin is the 9th one??????????????????

I have fixed the problem myself without Dealer Scanner!
First of all you need to clear abs errors (that is the main problem why i have failed earlier).

1) Make a shortcut between 4 pin and 9th
2) Press with your foot on the brake pedal and switch on the ignition.
3) Wait for the ABS lamp to turn off and then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
4) Wait for the ABS lamp to turn on and press with your foot on the brake pedal again.
5) ABS lamp should turn off, then remove your foot from the brake pedal.
6) Wait for two flashes of ABS lamp. If it flashes it means that errors are erased.

Check the errors, not removing the shortcut - just turn the ignition on, if ABS lamp do not flashes, so no errors are in memory.

Now the main part.

VSA Neutral position setting

Do not touch the brake pedal anymore.

1) Make a shortcut of 9th pin to chassis (i have used a bolt on a door hinge )
2) Turn the ignition on, after ABS lamp turns off, shortly press the "VSA off" button
3) After ABS lamp turns on again, shortly press the "VSA off" button.
4) Now shoud be a lot of different blinks and fashes and all lamps ABS, VSA and triangle should turn off. The problems solved.
5) Open the beer bottle!
Instead of following the advice of brake switch replacement, you should've read the codes first so that you know for sure what it is.
To know the pin numbers you can look (with some light) on the OBD-II connector and the corners are numbered. 9 is in one of the corners, 1 is another counter. So to get to 4, you count 4 from corner labelled 1 to corner labelled 8. Shorting 9-4 will give you the code with long and short flashes of the ABS light.
Wikipedia has also a diagram of all pin numbers for OBD-II.
Unfortunately many of the readers don't pick up these stupid codes. Including the latest and greatest form Snap-Op, so only Honda can read it otherwise :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know why the ABS would automatically engage and bring the car to a stop without applying the brake? We just switched out the brake switch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 tsx

Guys I just had my starter replaced on my 07 TSX 170k miles but now my VSA triangle light is now on in the dash. How do I reset this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts