Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue with my acura tsx 2005, the brake switch seems OK because when I press the brake the light comes on. What else could be the issue? Please I hate the lights on the dashboard.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If you do not have a VSA issue then you can use a diagnostic tool that can reset the ABS system. It's not just a reader but a tool that can also reset systems so it will cost more than the basic reading tool.

I had the same issue when my car was having some body work done. They ran ran my battery down and this triggered several trouble lights. The VSA light was the only one that they couldn't reset and they told me that my VSA/ABS system went bad sitting in their body shop. So unlikely. They had a mechanic look at it and quoted $500-3,000 to repair.

I spent about $225 on the Actron CP9690 Elite AutoScanner. It was worth it as I can use it to diagnose so much more. There are cheaper tools out the there but this was known to do the job so I went with it.

You can also take it to a mechanic and see if they can do it for you which may be much cheaper.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts