Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father has a 2004 TSX and went in to have the oil changed at Jiffy Lube about two weeks ago. As he exited the bay door, the car went into limp mode. I was wondering if there is anything they could have done or unplugged while changing the oil and checking the air filter that could have affected the VSA system?

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
All seems coincidental, sure the oil change could have something to do with the limp mode, have you checked any engine codes? Regarding the VSA, the ABS sensors are often the issue here. You can scan these as well, but not with a regular "engine code scanner".

·
Registered
907 Posts
Cars always seem to spring up new problems the second they roll out of a shop. That said, I wouldn't trust a Jiffy Lube to inflate the tires on my bicycle. Too many horror stories.

Pull the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU and see if it throws codes again. If so, what codes is the car throwing? Report back with that and then we'll go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.