Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it at the dealer a while back and they diagnosed it as a bad front right wheel sensor. I finally ordered and installed a new one but the Vsa/triangle light are still showing? What gives? Is there a way to reset it or perhaps that wasn't the problem. Anyone else experience this?

· Registered
56 Posts
You should've replaced brake switch first. Its a lot cheaper than the wheel sensor. You can buy a new one for less than 20 bucks, and it takes 2 minutes to install. I got rid of my VSA/Triangle light by replacing new brake switch.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I had the codes read at Honda and they told me to replace the right front wheel sensor. I replaced it and the abs light went off just not the Vsa/triangle light. I was under the impression that once the problem was fixed they would go out? Maybe I am wrong?

· Registered
176 Posts
No I had the codes read at Honda and they told me to replace the right front wheel sensor. I replaced it and the abs light went off just not the Vsa/triangle light. I was under the impression that once the problem was fixed they would go out? Maybe I am wrong?
You need to erase the codes first (using the brake pedal method) and if they are erased recalibrate the VSA central position.
On level and even ground with all 4 wheels down.
Turn the ignition to on
As soon as the ABS light goes off within 0.5 seconds quickly press the VSA button.
As soon as the ABS light goes back on within 0.5 seconds quikcly press the VSA button again.
After couple of seconds the triangle light will flash quickly maybe with some other lights and all 3 lights should go off and should be good to go unless the short was somewhere else. In which case you'll have to troubleshoot the entire circuit.

My question to you: how on earth did you remove that rusted thing?? I need to replace my front right as well and after getting the 10mm bolt out, and soaking with wd40 and gently using the tiny screwdriver prying off the plastic (and cracking some of it) the rest of it is rusted and firmly stuck into the spindle and it's not moving. When I shine the light in all I see is the wire going into a rusted solid mass. And I can't find a single TSX thread with a DIY removing this rusted mess. There are forums for TL and CL but those have different style sensors. This one is tricky as it's a one way hole, there is no other side to hammer on.
So only a pull or a perhaps a drill action is needed?
:spike:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.