Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. Our 2011 TSX is having the dreaded loud cold start issue caused by the VTC actuator. I’m looking to see what part number I need for this, but want confirm the right part number.
  • 14310-R40-A02: various Acura parts sites show this is what I’d need
  • 14310-R40-A01: as far as I know, the same as above, but a minor revision or different manufacturer. The Acura TSB from 2012 shows this is the failing part.

• 14310-R44-A01: Looking at the Honda Accord/CR-V TSB for this issue, this is the original failing part
  • 14310-R5A-305: This is the redesigned part replacing the R44-A01 for the Accord, per the updated Honda TSB from 2016.
Just looking at the info Honda has given us, it seems that a redesigned part was made available for the Honda models, but not the Acura models. This can’t be right, is it?

Will the redesigned 305 part work with the TSX? Or is the R40-A02 the actual redesigned part? Or is there just no redesigned part for the TSX?

I really don’t want to replace it with a known bad part unless there’s no other choice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
14310-R40-A02 is the correct part, and it is a replacement for the original 14310-R40-A01. I don't think the VTC problem is as common in the TSX, but once it is present, I would definitely replace the chain and guides as well.

The US Accord/CR-V part while similar is not the same.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts