Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SFAR
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From what I've read the k24z6 has a 50 degree vtc gear and thats what I'm looking for. My mom has a 2010 CRV, would I ruin her motor by putting my vtc gear in her motor and taking hers?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would say yes. The ECU is going to attempt to change the angle of the cam and it won't be able to go as far as it is programmed. This would throw a CEL, wouldn't you imagine?

Just purchase the 50 degree vtc.

·
Registered
248 Posts
by puting 50 deg gear you won't gain anything, what engine managment you will use ? Hondata has solution for CRV ? Better leave moms car alone.

·
Registered
856 Posts
From what I've read the k24z6 has a 50 degree vtc gear and thats what I'm looking for. My mom has a 2010 CRV, would I ruin her motor by putting my vtc gear in her motor and taking hers?
I'm sorry, this is ****ing hilarious.

·
Registered
714 Posts
why not just buy one? save chuffing up your moms motor :laugh:

do it properly! (f)(l)(a)(

·
Registered
874 Posts
unfortunately Cheap and Performance modding do not go hand in hand. cheap is like $100 and up. do what the others said just buy a new one or have yours machined but you still need engine management as stated above. take your time and do something else in the mean time get pulleys, CAI, header, exhaust setup youll be happy for a few weeks then get REFLASH or better yet Flashpro with an 07-08 ecu if you have an 07 get then get flashpro, then get the 50 * VTC or just say F*ck it and supercharge that cost a little less if not the same as all those mods.

·
-
1,622 Posts

LOL, anyone who brings up his Mom, hellaflush, stanced, LED's, window visors, stretched, cambered on a performance automotive forum, is very much likely a loser!!

Just kidding.. You are likely very young but don't bring up your Mom on this forum ever again! :buttkick: :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Haha the board members are gonna give ya shit for this one. But honestly we all started where you are right now. Just save up and do things the right way the first time. In the long run you will save $ and time. If your looking for a VTC I suggest contacting the guys at hytech. The guys there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
How about this counter...I travel to the Burgh often and might be there in the next couple weeks (installing coilovers). However, you can meet up and see what the car feels like before and after the VTC mod. I have flashpro and can flash the base cal and take a ride....then the VTC base cal and take a ride. PM if you wish to meet up and see if it is worth the 300 to 900 for VTC and tuning.

Reactions: CalgaryTSX

·
SFAR
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL, anyone who brings up his Mom, hellaflush, stanced, LED's, window visors, stretched, cambered on a performance automotive forum, is very much likely a loser!!

Just kidding.. You are likely very young but don't bring up your Mom on this forum ever again! :buttkick: :)
:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts