Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been toying with the idea of possible getting a wagon in the future, largely for the cargo space and possibly hauling 2 youngin's (hopefully). plus i wanted the benefit of not having a totally boring driving experience and maybe something i could carefully mod instead of a minivan or CUV. i probably end up selling my 07 TSX since i really don't need 2 cars.

i was pricing out the A4 avant and the TSX wagon. the A4 with the prestige package is about $10K more than the TSX with the tech package.

the biggest differences i could ID besides the price--
-the amount of torque the A4 produces starting at 1500rpm vs. the TSX (no surprises there)
-AWD vs. FWD
-cargo space: the A4 actually has less cargo space in the rear vs. the TSX even with the rear seats folded down
-aftermarket support: probably a lot more support for the audi (suspension, reflash) vs. the TSX at this time, but that could change (or not)

are there any other wagons out there i should consider? for some reason i keep coming back to these 2.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't want a hybrid, and i think that car is pretty ugly.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Audi

I just posted an article in the Wagon Review Thread that had this to say:
Audi’s A4 Avant has more power and standard all-wheel drive, but you need to spend in the mid-$40K range to get similar features. BMW’s 328i offers a choice of transmissions (rear or all-wheel drive) and a silky engine but it climbs to the same $44K range with similar features. Cadillac’s CTS wagon is more powerful and larger outside and has 270-hp V-6 for the mid-forties, but like the A4 and 328 can’t match the TSX’s max cargo capacity. If you can forego leather, driver memory and a high-end sound system, a VW Jetta gets better mileage (especially with the diesel), is $30,000 with navigation and moonroof, and holds more cargo than the TSX and the alternatives.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, i saw that. idk. i've always viewed VW's as very 'girly' cars, so i just never consider them.

i wish they'd just offer some other options for the TSX wagon. i wouldn't mind it if they had some other trim levels.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
I am in the same boat too. Since I just got a puppy (a husky) for my daughter, my 04 TSX and a 335i coupe absolutely won't able to travel whole family in the future. So I also considering trade in the TSX for a sport wagon too. But we have no TSX wagon in canada and I only want MT so 328i wagon seems like my only choice but I dun want another BMW and also E91 is going to replace by F31 very soon and I hate buying a new car and then seeing new gen on the road within 2 yr. So my current plan is to drive 2 cars out until a nice looking, fun to drive MT wagon out in the market or get a cheap suv as a third car but try to avoid this route since I hate suv. But for your case it is only kids then TSX has enough room. I have 2 kids and I have been using my TSX as my family car for the past 8 yr. I need extra cargo space only once a yr maybe and I just ask friend for help or rent a truck instead of giving up both of my nice looking cars.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
3rd Generation

If it all possible, I would wait another 1.5 years or so to see what the 3rd generation TSX has to offer. W/ Acura in the midst of rebuilding itself, there are several changes/improvements that might be coming:
  • New transmission (6 speed, dual clutch)
  • New engine family (advance v-tec, vcm, direct injection)
  • Hybrid (diesel is long shot)
  • Design language
Plus there were the rumors that Acura products would no longer be Hondas elsewhere so this gives them more opportunities to expand the options ... oh, & w/ the TL moving upmarket & the sub-TSX on the way, that also gives the TSX chances to go upmarket & offer more options (ventilated seats, please).

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true, true. i was thinking that too since the mmc seemed relatively early. if they could get the 6spd AT in there with dual clutch, that'd be awesome.

yeah, its not like i'm looking to buy right now. maybe in about 2 years or so.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have you considered the RDX instead of a wagon? The only downside to mine is the mpg is not what it is in my TSX. I get 19-22 in my RDX, although that is entirely city driving.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you considered the RDX instead of a wagon? The only downside to mine is the mpg is not what it is in my TSX. I get 19-22 in my RDX, although that is entirely city driving.
i've thought about the RDX if i wanted to stay in the acura family. having the option to reflash it is pretty enticing, but the mileage is pretty atrocious. if i could find a used one with low miles that's in good shape, i'd consider it.

has anyone read whether or not subaru plans to make impreza wagon again, or was that basically the 5-door? i would consider a WRX variant of an impreza wagon if there was one. the outback looks a little goofy to me.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nevermind, i just googled some pics of what they showed at the last NY auto show and remembered how ugly the new impreza's will look. damn. all my wagon looking still has me going back to acura or audi.

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
Legacy GT wagon??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts