Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. So I am finally able to buy a tsx, but I really want a manual transmission. Every single listing is automatic, and sometimes (rarely) a manual pops up but gets sold so quickly. So if I live around the San Francisco, Ca area, how hard is it really to find a manual tsx 06-08? Should I really just go for an automatic?

Thanks guys.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Hey guys. So I am finally able to buy a tsx, but I really want a manual transmission. Every single listing is automatic, and sometimes (rarely) a manual pops up but gets sold so quickly. So if I live around the San Francisco, Ca area, how hard is it really to find a manual tsx 06-08? Should I really just go for an automatic?

Thanks guys.
If you want a manual and will settle for an automatic, you might have some regrets. If you can't find an manual in your local area, try extending your search to areas 3-4 hours away. I'm saying that cause when I was searching for my first car, I drove 4 hours to Vegas to pick it up because it was the one I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Agree with the others- do not settle for a automatic If you want manual. Did it once never again

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
Same here. Do not settle. Did that on my first car and within a couple months I was seriously looking to do a swap!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gotta be willing to travel to get what you want in a used car IMO.

I flew out to STL and drove 10 hours home for mine. I got the interior I wanted and manual :)

Hang in there and wait it out.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have an auto. :(

You always have the ppl that look at your car and go
" nice car, is it stick?!" And your smile quickly turns into a frown and you say "no" and all they say is "oh" but deep down they're thinking, "what a poon, this guy can't even drive stick" and you kickyourself in the Ass because in your original search you wanted a 6spd.

Little rant, sorry.

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
I have an auto. :(

You always have the ppl that look at your car and go
" nice car, is it stick?!" And your smile quickly turns into a frown and you say "no" and all they say is "oh" but deep down they're thinking, "what a poon, this guy can't even drive stick" and you kickyourself in the Ass because in your original search you wanted a 6spd.

Little rant, sorry.
Lmao so true!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys! I think I'll just keep waiting for a manual then haha. how did you guys find your cars though? Was it through like autotrader or craigslist?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Found mine on cars.com. I'm guessing cause of the hills in San Francisco, not many manuals exist in that area. You may have to travel a bit.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Like everyone said, don't settle. I settle with an Auto because I couldn't wait (And I bought mine brand new too). Thus, don't settle until you find the right car!

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
This just makes me appreciate my MT 05 a bit more. Sucks cause im still on the fence of selling it.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
If you want a manual and will settle for an automatic, you might have some regrets. If you can't find an manual in your local area, try extending your search to areas 3-4 hours away. I'm saying that cause when I was searching for my first car, I drove 4 hours to Vegas to pick it up because it was the one I was looking for.
took me 6 months to find mine. no regrets.
Just wait :) Dont settle you will regret it!
Agree with the others- do not settle for a automatic If you want manual. Did it once never again
Same here. Do not settle. Did that on my first car and within a couple months I was seriously looking to do a swap!
Def. Don't settle! I waited 6 months and 3 failed buying attempts bc of the buyer and flew to NY and drove my car back to TX just to have the one i wanted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
+1 Dont settle, and take your time.

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
I just got lucky on mine. My original plan was to get a rsx type s, saw the one I wanted but then went to go see it, I was a few hours too late. Saw a 6spd forsale on craigslist, test drove it and purchase same day.

When you lease suspect it, it will come to you in no time.

Just wait it out.

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
I'd wait. Took me 3 months of search on autotrader.com and 500 miles of drive home to get her. No regrets and loving it every minute of owning the car. But like others said, don't limit yourself to local, plus you are in CA so you are WAY luckier than people like me in Midwest.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Took me about a year to find a 09 tech manual black on black and I love no regrets I almost got the auto glad I didn't

1 - 20 of 44 Posts