Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
I have purchased a Florida only TSX with 34k that never had gone further than 1500. With out aN oil change !!
Curious if any of you members have any advice on what to look at immediately when I get it ?
Like top five shit that goes wrong?? Kind of list
I’m buying through Carvana.
note: I was a service manager for an Acura dealer but in recent years not when these were first introduced-
Looking forward to any advice or direction !
Speedometer Vehicle Gear shift Car Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Mirror Wheel

·
Registered
2011 Acura TSX
15 Posts
Even though that baby is barely broken in!!.....I'd still pay for an inspection at a shop that knows what to look out for in these vehicles. I did the same and took the service gentleman's advice and returned the TSX to carvana. The Acura technicians found multiple seemingly small cosmetic and electronic issues, but the kicker was the transmission fluid. They said it was not the right consistency or color that it should be at 60,000 miles(thought either the former owner had ran it so hot or the wrong fluid was put in and both scenarios were bad). Inspection cost me $150 but I was glad i did it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though that baby is barely broken in!!.....I'd still pay for an inspection at a shop that knows what to look out for in these vehicles. I did the same and took the service gentleman's advice and returned the TSX to carvana. The Acura technicians found multiple seemingly small cosmetic and electronic issues, but the kicker was the transmission fluid. They said it was not the right consistency or color that it should be at 60,000 miles(thought either the former owner had ran it so hot or the wrong fluid was put in and both scenarios were bad). Inspection cost me $150 but I was glad i did it.
I run service at a Firestone my guys will chk it for me. I appreciate the feed back.
the car fax shows all services done at an Acura dealer -
In Florida.
The first thing I will do is change the tranny fluid with Acura fluid . It’s 12 years old has to be done nothing on the car fax says it was done .
I was hoping for a top 5 list of known issues you guys know about being a Known issues to look for ???

·
Registered
2011 Acura TSX
15 Posts
I run service at a Firestone my guys will chk it for me. I appreciate the feed back.
the car fax shows all services done at an Acura dealer -
In Florida.
The first thing I will do is change the tranny fluid with Acura fluid . It’s 12 years old has to be done nothing on the car fax says it was done .
I was hoping for a top 5 list of known issues you guys know about being a Known issues to look for ???
Makes sense.. I’d say faulty window actuators and/or buttons. Both the one I returned to carvana AND the 2011 tsx I ended up buying at a local Toyota dealership had this issue, and carvana may even pay to fix that if you ask. The dealership fixed mine for free as part of the deal(would’ve cost me around 500 bux)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Most of the following issues cover the 2009-2010 models. They were ironed out for 2011+.

Rear brake calipers are notorious for sticking on these models. Never seen one that doesn’t.

VTC actuators are crap. It’ll begin rattling at some point.

Electric power steering modules may fail without warning. Mine only failed in deep freezing temperatures and was okay in milder temps. I believe there is an active service bulletin for the 2010 models.

Bluetooth modules are crap. It’ll work most of the time but cut in and out when it wants to.

Probably the most uncomfortable front seats I’ve ever sat in. Mine was a base model with cloth seats but it had this awful lump right in the lumbar area and was just miserable. Luckily the drivers side was adjustable (still pretty bad) but the passengers side you couldn’t sit in for more than an hour without needing a break.

That’s all that immediately comes to mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts