Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone changed their brakes yet? any HP brakes out there? Just installed my 235/35/19 wheels, had to put 1/4" spacers :( didn't like that whole idea. Any suggestions? please let me know

P.S. I will post pic sooooon, I promise

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sorry what are HP brakes? And what are you concerned about? You want more stopping power? Or better brake pads? Please define.

Also, check your PM regarding your avatar.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
yeah that avatar is so big it's ridiculous.
You lost your russian flag ? ;)

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys! ya Olympics are over!!! hehe, but anyways HP meant High Performance. Drillied/slotted yes good braking power. Also does any one know, if I just put lowering springs, like Eibach or similar. How much would it drop? Cuz, I have a huge gap. I have 235/35/19", want to get rid off that gap soon and keep it unexpensive.

Thanks

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
What is your budget to begin with? That's always the most important question and what is your car specifically designed for? Is it strictly a road car or do you intend to bring it to the race track once in awhile? Racing specific products may not necessary or is intended for general road use.

While the questions about the springs, there are 2 basic choices. Do a search and you'll see a few good discussion on Eibach questions. Let me know if you can't find them. Also, thanks for the avatar change.

·
mymothercountry
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I want is to change my caliper for now so I can take off my spacers out, cuz my calipers are too wide/thick (stock) for my rims, it touches the back of my rim so i had to use spacers. Help any suggestions on a thinner callipers?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Wilwood makes some fairly small sized calipers but I doubt anything smaller than OEM to retain similar braking ... Are you telling me your current rims are touching your OEM calipers and you're avoiding that by adding spacers? If so, I'd suggest replacing those rims instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts