Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a TSX non navi but I did get the MP3 option. I love the mp3 player but after having other MP3 players in my other cars I miss being able to see the title of the song on the display. So basically I want to replace the MP3 deck with a Pioneer or Alpine In-Dash monitor with drive so I see the song that is playing. I just want to use that extra drive as a player for MP3 cds and DVDs. I want to still be able to use my regular deck as the regular 6 in dash player and radio. Has anyone done this or know of people that have? How sucessful was it?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I have seen a few installations, yeah.
Those Pioneer or Alpine units are friggin expensive but they are self-contained.

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I have found some with iPod controls for under $800 US. Not bad.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You'd be able to do it with an aux-in adaptor. Wire it to an RCA output on the Pioneer or Alpine player. Press the Aux button on your radio and you will get the sound from the other radio.

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
radiodr said:
You'd be able to do it with an aux-in adaptor. Wire it to an RCA output on the Pioneer or Alpine player. Press the Aux button on your radio and you will get the sound from the other radio.
Where should I go to get the Aux in adaptor? I work right next door to a car audio and alarm store. My friends over there said that they would install it for about $40 if I bring them all of the parts.

·
Acuracake!!!!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is exactly what I am looking to do. How hard did that set up take? Does your Oem Radio still work? How about the controls on the steering wheel?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
eimajuno said:
That is exactly what I am looking to do. How hard did that set up take? Does your Oem Radio still work? How about the controls on the steering wheel?
The setup wasn't very difficult if you have some experience with car audio. There are a couple of tricky things, like where to put the VSS wire, but if you're getting an N1, you don't have to worry about this.

I have a custom install, but I would recommend just getting the Acura OEM attachment kit. I know of about 3-4 people who have used it to add another HU with success. The kit was designed for a standard single DIN radio.

My OEM 6 disc changer and steering wheel controls are both fully functional. I use it like i normally would, and I push the "AUX" button whenever I want to listen to Sirius/mp3s/etc. on the other HU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts