Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone:

I am planning on replacing the sound system in my 08 TSX w/ factory navi. I've decided that I want to start out with a JBL MS-8 audio processor. I do not want to cut up all the wires in my car, I want to be able to remove my equipment if I ever sell the car.

I would like to provide RCA outputs to the MS-8, would I have any problems using this:

HILO PAC AOEM-HON20 Amplifier integration interface for Honda vehicles OEM-1 with a vehicle specific harness plugs into the vehicle\'s wiring and offers a 4 channel RCA audio output for adding aftermarket amplification. Provides full range audio outp

Also, is there a wire harness for the speakers? I am going to add a 4 channel amp, and replace all the speakers, is there a harness so that I dont have to cut the wires at the factory amp?

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used one of those in my brothers install a few months back and it works fine after some rewiring of the provided harness. You should double check the wiring on it before installing it as it will not work right out the box unless they updated it recently. It would be best to take the signals going to the front and rear door speakers when rewiring as those have full range output. There are diagrams floating around the net of the connectors so you match them up correctly but if not i can email one. For a speaker harness you can run a 06+ civic premium amp bypass harness and that will take care of the all the cabin speakers minus the rear 6x9 as the harness only provides one output for those. Simple fix would be to run new wires to the 6x9's as they easy to access and since you will most likely install the ms-8 in the trunk, it should not be in issue.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
what did you do to the harness to make it work abp1?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, I was unaware that the navigation harness would not work correctly. The speaker bypass harness was what I was looking for however, so thank you.

I am probably not going to be using the rear 6x9s, I don't know if I'll have enough channels with the JBL MS-8, but I already have an Alpine Type R, and that handles the bass just fine.

What way would you recommend to hook up the audio processor? The JBL MS-8 only needs inputs from front left and front right, and I really don't want to cut up all the wires in my car. Wonder if any of those Mercman harnesses still exist... Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
what did you do to the harness to make it work abp1?
Well i dont remember exactly as i didnt take pictures. There is like a total of 9 wires that are going into the LOC itself and spliced into the t-harness. The ones going into the loc had like 6 miswired. All i did was look at the helms plug diagram made sure the Harness output plug on the amp was correct and cut off the LOC and wired them to the front and rear doors and remote wire to the wires. Out of the box it was just messed up all cross wired like two neg. going to on channel and the remote was on the tweeter pos. Simple fix with some tape and solder if you want to leave the vehicle wiring intact.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the response, I was unaware that the navigation harness would not work correctly. The speaker bypass harness was what I was looking for however, so thank you.

I am probably not going to be using the rear 6x9s, I don't know if I'll have enough channels with the JBL MS-8, but I already have an Alpine Type R, and that handles the bass just fine.

What way would you recommend to hook up the audio processor? The JBL MS-8 only needs inputs from front left and front right, and I really don't want to cut up all the wires in my car. Wonder if any of those Mercman harnesses still exist... Thanks again for your help.
Honestly i run the mercman harness in my car and am not impressed by it. I have system noise with since day 1. I rather buy that pac harness off amazon for 30 bucks and spend 15 mins to fix it then pay 80-90 bucks for the mercman and have noise.

As for the ms-8, it has something like 8 channels with the built in amp and same for the preamp outs so you have more then enough outputs for everything in your system.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
or you could go make your own harness like i did.... running bit1 btw. in my head everything is better if you make the harness your self. that way you can avoid all the bogus wires you wont need, but thats my oppion.

·
Registered
30 Posts
^

I agree to a certain point. I eventually will pull out the mercman harness and redo my own. On the other hand most people who are just venturing in, are not or unwilling to hack up the cars to do so. Thats where a premade solution comes in. I have a electronics/semiconductor background and do most things myself but if a premade solution is available i would rather use that and save time. If the product can be fixed and improved, then i see no need to make something from scratch. The Aoem-hon20 has the plugs and wiring to plug into the car without hacking the stock wires and is easily fixable.

Either way i think rhannahs19 is looking for time saving solution to his install and those two products i mentioned will get him on his way.

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
^

I agree to a certain point. I eventually will pull out the mercman harness and redo my own. On the other hand most people who are just venturing in, are not or unwilling to hack up the cars to do so. Thats where a premade solution comes in. I have a electronics/semiconductor background and do most things myself but if a premade solution is available i would rather use that and save time. If the product can be fixed and improved, then i see no need to make something from scratch. The Aoem-hon20 has the plugs and wiring to plug into the car without hacking the stock wires and is easily fixable.

Either way i think rhannahs19 is looking for time saving solution to his install and those two products i mentioned will get him on his way.
you wouldnt need to hack up the orginal. All i did was buy the wireharness for a normal honda unpuned the ones i didnt want, and added 2 pin to get my steering controls back, right now my bit1 is running the stock radio on aux since my alpine is my main sourse... Use stock when I have frens in the car they dont need to know what i have ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, so it looks like my two options are:

Use the factory wires,
or,
Get a harness and spend time rewiring it.

Either way seems pretty inconvinent. I wish there was a solid harness available.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
just use the factory amp as a "pre amp" take the SPLOs and run them into your new amp than back to the doors. same goes for your subs. Done. looks factory so no one steals your gear but when you crank it people look:) thats what im rocking right now

·
Team Advantage Audio mem
834 Posts
Hmm, so it looks like my two options are:

Use the factory wires,
or,
Get a harness and spend time rewiring it.

Either way seems pretty inconvinent. I wish there was a solid harness available.
then jus buy the pac an use that. were just giving you option. choose what you think is best for you. Some of us are jus nerdy, or like to save a few dollars doing a different route here and there .lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts