Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup. I just got a 2004 acura tsx. Does anyone have any suggestions on where and what kind of springs I should get for my car? Coil overs maybe?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sup. Exterior is Satin Silver. Interior is black leather. NO NAV, but installed a Kenwood 915 (it's sweet)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Dru419 said:
Sup. Exterior is Satin Silver. Interior is black leather. NO NAV, but installed a Kenwood 915 (it's sweet)
Excellent color choice. You have taste :D
BTW, welcome to the site!! :wavey:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was about to get the charcoal, but I decided on the satin silver. BTW, what's the best way to get rid of little chips (very minor) due to rocks on the road, etc, etc.....also, I really want to lower my car....any suggestions as far as which ones to get? hoLLa

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ah, yes...those little rock chips. I've got quite a few of those little buggers... Only thing I've done to them is to touch them up. Ever looked into getting a clear bra for your car? I thought about it, but it was too late...too many chips allready. Though it's starting to not bother me much anymore...I think the new car phase is wearing out... :D

As far as lowering goes, that's not my forte so I can't help much there... But there's quite a few guys/gals on here who can help you out that's here. Haven't seen them online yet today.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Welcome to the site.:wavey:

as for springs, I think these could be good possible ones to use:

Koni Yellows, Eibach Prokits, Neuspeed Strut Bar, Tokico shocks/struts.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:

as for springs, I think these could be good possible ones to use:

Koni Yellows, Eibach Prokits, Neuspeed Strut Bar, Tokico shocks/struts.

I must warn you about the koni yellows!!!, the adjustable ones...you gotta make sure that the support ring is on that shock well....I had some on my 01 civic w/GC coils and I drove down the road and hit a very small bump and my azz end went slam...and a loud pop.....yes the perch gave out and blew both (150.00 each) shocks!!!!..and getting them replace was like pull teeth outta a shark!!!!.. i would wait until they make the shock strut!!!!!....thats all I have to say about that :mecry:

·
Registered
42 Posts
H&R make springs for the TSX, thats what I have on my TL and I have no complaints about them. Also if you're gonna go for a coilover set up I would go with one that has the shocks and springs together.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
I heard about H&R as well ....I never had them but how much is the whole sha-bang...spring and shock set???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I went the cheap way with just the springs, using the stock shocks. I know eventually I'll have to get some konis or tokico shocks but the stock ones have lasted 50k mi. for me. Springs you could get for around 200, and the coilovers probably 1000??? Im not sure, if you're interested let me know I'll see what the lowest price I can get for you is, including shipping.

·
marcoab15
13 Posts
What about the Comptech 1" springs...? Not too low but the gap is almost completly gone and its just a litte stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Prokit will give u and great look and keep the stock shocks alive .. ~~ where tanabe and Sportline is abusing the shocks .. ~~
if u got the money .... go buy coilovers .. that will make thing easier .. ~
if not get the springs first and that will give u 1.5 yrs or so u think abt ur next suspension mod. ~
but never buy cheap coilovers... ~~ they will ruin ur car .. ~~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts