Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the interior panel/trim on the side of the car safely? (most importantly the one that goes over trunk and fuel cap release handle, but also the other required ones)?

On my last car some of the pieces did not allign perfectly after re-install and got slightly damaged (did not really care, ex police car). I would like the panel and trim removed to go back on and look how it does now, in the TSX.

:confused::confused::santa::santa:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Are you planning on going down the driver side or passenger side?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you don't have a pry tool don't attempt it... Also the clips are so trash that they break pretty easily... I'm planning on buying all new interior pieces I broke a lot of clips trying to install 2 subs and 2 amps and all new speakers. But my car is bumping now :D.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Idk about have to have tool, but it does make it much easier. Start in the front and pull slowly yet forcefully. Pull the backseat bottoms and you will see how to remove the rest.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Planning to run the cable through the drivers side. I'm planning to look for a hole in the firewall around that side.

I also have a basic panel remover.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Then you got it. Thats the same side i ran mine. It's not rocket science just a little time and effort and you should be good.

·
Registered
831 Posts
by the trunk release/gas cap area theres a plate covering the key hole, there is a screw under that, remove that first or you will be there all day trying to pry that pannel off or you will just snap it. the only reason i know that is because i was helpin VinVestor dismantle a TSX for parts, i was yanking on that damn pannel for like 15 minutes, dave came over poped the plate, removed the screw and took that piece out in like 20 seconds flat lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts