Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, I have searched high and dry for some new wheels. Seeing as how I've never had different than stock wheels on any of my cars in the past, I will leave this to the experts. I am lowered on Tein H-tech's. I have some criteria:
1. Preferably 18's
2. NOT Enkei RPF1's because I think they're ugly
3. Weigh NO MORE than the stock wheels
4. Preferably at/under $600 a set. I'm no wheel snob, so I'll rock cheap replicas all day long and not feel bad about it.
5. Nothing too wide because I'm not going to roll my fenders or run a lame tire-stretch setup.
6. Gunmetal-ish in color. Not black, but not bright silver like the stock wheels... somewhere in between to compliment the PWP paint.

I like the style of the TL type S wheels (even though they are 17's) and I really like the 18" A-spec style as well, but for the money those A-specs are going for used, I could get a brand new set. Thanks people.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Do you like work cr kai?? If so check out Drag wheels DR31 at discount tire. It's a nice replica that would fit your price range and color scheme. It comes in a charcoal grey which compliments the white nicely.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
$600 a set... You wouldn't even be able to find RPF1's.

Took for XXR's or even Rota's. Saw a used set of TL Type-S wheels for sale on the classified section. They were only going for $500.

·
New Guy!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XXR 518

I really like these. Might pull the trigger on them since they are roughly the same weight. I will probably go with the 18x7 since they're a little lighter than the ones that are 8.5" wide. Plus, the tires will be cheaper.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I just bought a set of ESM's, they are just about 700$ but they are a great wheel, I rolled my fenders just in case but I have so much clearance running 18x8 +35 on a 225/40 I imagine I could've gotten away without any fender rolling..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just bought a set of ESM's, they are just about 700$ but they are a great wheel, I rolled my fenders just in case but I have so much clearance running 18x8 +35 on a 225/40 I imagine I could've gotten away without any fender rolling..

Those look great bro. I love the LM style. Can you post some more pics?

FYI all I'm considering these from TSW. Very light and forged not cast. My local Butler Tire has them for a great price. 18.85lbs for the 18x8" wheel. At least 5lbs lighter than stock on each corner saving 20lbs of unsprung wheel weight. 18" tires might weight a lb or 2 more though. Some nice aluminum lugs may offset that. Anyways, good luck in your search bro.

Interlagos Rotary Forged 9 Spoke Alloy wheels in matte black and silver w/ mirror cut face by TSW | www.TSW.com

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
A few more pics for you:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts