Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I just joined your group today. I have a '13 Special Edition, auto, silver with less than 1,000 miles.
I do not like the sound coming out of the exhaust tips at idle...how lame....or when on the throttle.

I DO NOT want a tin can...coffee can..whatever sound from replacement mufflers.

I know it's hard to get the right sound....and that is subjective..each to their own here.....from a 4 cyl. engine.
But, my plan is to pick your guys/gals brains that have tried this...or know who has. I ONLY want to replace the rear mufflers. That's it. I know about the pre muffler, etc. Don't want to mess with that. Hoping to get the "sound" I want with doing just the rear 2 mufflers. To best describe the sound I want....Hmmm, that's hard....but, a lower...deep as possible....no high pitched stuff! Not too loud either....just want to improve on the stock sounds. I have been on You Tube and listened to some exhaust changeovers. I'll have to go there for more listening time and reading.

And I want to do it...so that clamps are used to fit the new ones....so, that if I ever need to replace the original mufflers then that can be done easily. Once cut and fitted I then can exchange them if I have to when selling or trading for my next car. I have an extensive mechanical background with cars, industial equipment and aircraft.

I like Magnaflows's rolled and polished exh. tips...and their mufflers....but, finding the right sound for my situation is not easy....but, with help from your input I may be able to accomplish what I want to do.....and what I want to hear!

Thanks and greetings to all of you!

·
RAYZ'IN HELL
130 Posts
I plan on running the Ct engineering Bolt on or Greddy Evo2 from the 1st gen. With the Greddy u gotta add a little pipe

·
Adam Rutledge
62 Posts
I have the Ct engineering cat back exhaust. Amazing sound low/deep. No bees in can sound lol. I would highly Recommend. Work at Honda dealership and always get complements on the system.

Got mine off eBay for $900 plus TTL :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts