Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some TPMS items (washer, grommet, nut) off AcuraOEMParts.com that costed about $14.63 Usd excluding shipping to Canada. The bill mentions that actual shipping costs will be charged later...

Then I find out they charged me $20+ Usd for shipping to my address in Vancouver. I mean what are they shipping it in? A metal box? How can those items, which weight no more than a pound, cost that much to ship to Canada?! :squint:

Never again will I buy things from them. At least not shipped to Canada. I did not enjoy their lack of shipping quotes online either.

This is just my experience. Maybe others from Canada have had better. This is just a warning to any Canadians planning to buy stuff from them... the shipping is ridiculous!

Pally777

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Good to know. Perhaps you should change your title to Warning: AcuraOEMParts.com so more people will read this.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I agree that their shipping rate is RIDICULOUS but only when it comes to small parts. I wanted to buy the power steering cap for the reservoir. The thing costs 75 cents but the shipping was 7 bucks. I was like this is a crime.

Again, this only happens to small parts. If you buy bigger parts like an intake manifold cover, the shipping is still 7 bucks which is decent.

Reactions: stunner_360

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Very reminiscent of eBay for Canadian customers purchasing from a US store/listing. The price may seem right but when you look at the estimated shipping charges the anticipated savings are no longer there. Do yourself a favor and make some friends at your local Honda dealership parts counter. :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
got my a-spec kit from these guys. they called me before processing my order with an updated shipping price and I agreed to it so I can't complain. If they didn't let you know of the change then I say you have a case to get some money back.

·
-
1,595 Posts
Just bought some TPMS items (washer, grommet, nut) off AcuraOEMParts.com that costed about $14.63 Usd excluding shipping to Canada. The bill mentions that actual shipping costs will be charged later...

Then I find out they charged me $20+ Usd for shipping to my address in Vancouver. I mean what are they shipping it in? A metal box? How can those items, which weight no more than a pound, cost that much to ship to Canada?! :squint:

Never again will I buy things from them. At least not shipped to Canada. I did not enjoy their lack of shipping quotes online either.

This is just my experience. Maybe others from Canada have had better. This is just a warning to any Canadians planning to buy stuff from them... the shipping is ridiculous!

Pally777

You gotta do your homework & research before opening your wallet...

1. For any items always check your local parts stores & local dealer 1st. For small items that are available locally, it's usually not worth to buy them remotely & pay to have them shipped.

2. ALWAYS find out the full shipping cost before agreeing to buy anything.

3. $20 shipping from the US to Canada is normal for small items. Be happy they shipped it USPS & not UPS or Fedex who would have also charged you a brokerage charge.

4. Since you live in Vancouver close to the US border, you should have it shipped to a US Shipping company in Blaine or Point Roberts.
Zip over & get it yourself.

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
their site also says something about shipping charges vary and may not be accurate, ive bought stuff from them though got everything quick i believe they are in FL and im in AL, also every where i know that ships charges more to ship to Canada cause of duties and other shit if im not mistaken

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree that I should have done some research before buying it off their site, but I assumed that small items would be shipped in an envelope or something and would not cost $20+ to ship.

Anyways, I did get my stuff real fast after they shipped it. It was like maybe 4 days shipped to my door.

Now I'm just waiting for the TMPS sensors I bought off a guy from Azine.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
I've never had a problem with them. Many happy successful orders. From what I understand shipping to Canada is a pain in the ass, probably more-so for businesses. That may explain it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
thats a normal shipping cost.

i've bought t-shirts from the states and it came in the mail. cost was $12 USD to ship.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Shipping from florida to vancouver...20 bucks....and you're whining. Order from a Canadian dealership then. 20 bucks for that distance is not bad at all. Everyone wants a handout.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do yourself a favor and make some friends at your local Honda dealership parts counter. :)
That's what I did...I even suggested to put a online website to get more clients and I even offer myself to run it...hehe

·
Registered
99 Posts
I picked up a new left side bumper airdam from them.. now its a vent XD anywho.... Living in Alaska, everything shipped is expensive XD I was pretty happy with their fast service.. got here before my bullion did.. which was ordered almost a week before that XD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts