Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
thenation
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting vibration in the steering and brake pedals, so I finally called dealer and they said that most likely is warped rotors. Will they replace the brake pads to?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Hmm, I might have warped rotors then, Ive been thinking I need to change m brake pads, but ive been feeling a vibration and I feel like I need to push the Brake harder to get it to function right

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
they most likely will replace the rotors under warrenty but the pads they would consider normal wear and tear

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The pads either will be resurfaced or replaced if new replacement rotors are provided. Contact surface isn't gonna be acceptable.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
datz exactly watz happening to my car too...
i should call the dealer sometime...

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
haha... i've had this happen so many times, they will not replace your pads or disk, all they do is just sand and clean the pad's surface, and re-lath/machine your rotors, even thou a service buliten from honda saying that new larger rotors and new pads are recomended for the accord braking system because they keep over heating cuz they have too little mass to asborb and dissapate the heat

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Cyde said:
i've had this happen so many times, they will not replace your pads or disk, all they do is just sand and clean the pad's surface, and re-lath/machine your rotors.
That's a shame.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
wow its that complicated? i always thought it was cuz of high speed and when ur pads hit the rotors the friction causes it to vibrate a little...

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
there should be a little vibration...but watz happening to my car is the vibration is too strong..the force can turn my wheels...have to hold the steering wheel really tight to make it stay straight whenever i brake

·
foo-e
49 Posts
i had same issue. i've got just over 40K on my tsx and had the rotors machined once and shortly thereafter at about 24K replaced with brembo cross drilled/slotted rotors... not a problem since

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
i needa book an appointment to machine my rotor...but always lazy to do dat..

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
Interesting post...I just had my front rotors AND brake pads replaced under warranty because the dealer told me that they were warped. My car is new (7K miles) so they informed me that I shouldn't feel any vibration at all when braking. All I should feel are the brakes grabbing. A friend of mine is on his 3rd set of rotors and brake pads (about 60K) on his CL Type-S. I'm thinking that the brake systems Acura uses probably aren't adequate to stand up to the heat of normal braking. I say this because I never beat on my TSX and have never even come to a sudden stop that required the ABS system to kick in. I say that if you have multiple stops that are sudden and severe enough for the ABS to kick in then yes...you might be generating enough heat to get warped rotors.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
nychousehero said:
Interesting post...I just had my front rotors AND brake pads replaced under warranty because the dealer told me that they were warped. My car is new (7K miles) so they informed me that I shouldn't feel any vibration at all when braking. All I should feel are the brakes grabbing. A friend of mine is on his 3rd set of rotors and brake pads (about 60K) on his CL Type-S. I'm thinking that the brake systems Acura uses probably aren't adequate to stand up to the heat of normal braking. I say this because I never beat on my TSX and have never even come to a sudden stop that required the ABS system to kick in. I say that if you have multiple stops that are sudden and severe enough for the ABS to kick in then yes...you might be generating enough heat to get warped rotors.
wow..datz nice for u..
i only get the rotors machined for free...
didn't replace anything...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts