Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The closest Acura dealership is about 3 hours away so I'm thinking about bringing my TSX to a local Honda dealer. Will my warranty be valid at Honda dealer?

Thanks
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
3,158 Posts
it depends...

i m gona guess 80% is doable and 100% they know how to do it.
it's up to honda if they allow it
here in interior bc.... honda dealers are "trained" to do acura cars. so it's good.

but just to be on the safe side, it's only one call away to ur local honda dealer.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Down here, unless it has changed in the last coupla years, Honda isn't allowed to do warranty service on Acuras.

However, I understand that Acura places are authorized to do warranty service on Hondas. :donno:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
In the US...from what I've been told, Honda dealerships won't do warranty service on an Acura unless they have authorization to do so from an Acura dealership. That way the work is still under warranty through Acura.
 

·
助手席乗員
Joined
·
2,128 Posts
NeoChaser said:
it depends...

i m gona guess 80% is doable and 100% they know how to do it.
it's up to honda if they allow it
here in interior bc.... honda dealers are "trained" to do acura cars. so it's good.

but just to be on the safe side, it's only one call away to ur local honda dealer.
Neo, ur car is a Honda ACCORD... :lol:
ppl won't think ur car to be a TSX..j/k :smash:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
3,158 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
In the US...from what I've been told, Honda dealerships won't do warranty service on an Acura unless they have authorization to do so from an Acura dealership. That way the work is still under warranty through Acura.
that makes sense, however up in canada i dono in states, (and maybe i m
too anal) but acura here call honda of canada for all warranty related stuff
before they do work on ur car.


larchmont said:
Down here, unless it has changed in the last coupla years, Honda isn't allowed to do warranty service on Acuras.

However, I understand that Acura places are authorized to do warranty service on Hondas. :donno:
i think, it really depends on ur geographical region... say ur place only has
honda and acura is xxxxxx kms away.. then i think the honda dealership have been
given permission to do local acuras.... and since u can buy acuras from
honda dealers (that's how i bought mine) i think servicing is possile giving
ur geographic location permits.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
3,158 Posts
micko said:
Neo, ur car is a Honda ACCORD... :lol:
ppl won't think ur car to be a TSX..j/k :smash:


i still have yet to pull into acura of kelowna... i will when the weather
clears up i can't wait ot see the faces on the sales when i enter the lot haha
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
yeah, I think Honda can service Acura car... well.. at least I think the basic is the same when working on my 6th gen accord and TSX. They are just very similar. My friend did his TL tranny service at honda dealer with my accord.
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
TSX7 said:
The closest Acura dealership is about 3 hours away so I'm thinking about bringing my TSX to a local Honda dealer. Will my warranty be valid at Honda dealer?
Thanks
wow you really in the middle of nowhere eh ? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,255 Posts
well here if you cannot get to the dealer you bought the car from or are within x amount of miles you can take it to another dealer of the same make, call acura customer service and explain the issue
 

·
Non-Registered User
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
NeoChaser said:
i still have yet to pull into acura of kelowna... i will when the weather
clears up i can't wait ot see the faces on the sales when i enter the lot haha
hey i just past their on saturday and sunday, i didn't know you were theirs already, i've would have given you a call!!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
3,158 Posts
Cyde said:
hey i just past their on saturday and sunday, i didn't know you were theirs already, i've would have given you a call!!
lol.. i m currently living DIRECTLY across the street from parklane acura
on the other
side of hte highway hehe.... but then agian u don't have my new cell
so it won't have worked anyways :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
robert_tsxgeek said:
wow you really in the middle of nowhere eh ? :D
Actually, I'm currently living in Windsor, Ontario attending a dental school in Michigan. There are many Acura dealers in Michigan but I don't wana go do all the paper work to get my car serviced in the US. Just don't have the time to do it. Closest Acura dealership is in London which is about 2 hours away.
 

·
Non-Registered User
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
TSX7 said:
Actually, I'm currently living in Windsor, Ontario attending a dental school in Michigan. There are many Acura dealers in Michigan but I don't wana go do all the paper work to get my car serviced in the US. Just don't have the time to do it. Closest Acura dealership is in London which is about 2 hours away.

Well what takes longer, 15-25 minutes of paper work or 120 minute drive?..and cost of gas!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Cyde said:
Well what takes longer, 15-25 minutes of paper work or 120 minute drive?..and cost of gas!
From long personal experience, I can tell you without a doubt that 15-25 min. of pprwrk takes longer than 2 hours of driving. :D

And feels about 10 times as long. :nod:

(j/k, j/k!)
 

·
Non-Registered User
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
larchmont said:
From long personal experience, I can tell you without a doubt that 15-25 min. of pprwrk takes longer than 2 hours of driving. :D

And feels about 10 times as long. :nod:

(j/k, j/k!)
actualy your rite, it dose feel longer, and when you drive long trips it's fun to push it!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top