Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the moment I own a 2001 Honda Civic Sports GLI, was looking at upgrading to a Honda Accord Euro which is what they are called here in Australia but am not sure whether I should get the Arctic Blue, Silver or Charcoal? Basically I want the black interior which means I am restricted to these 3 colors, the dealer near where I live is getting an Arctic Blue in early next week, what do you guys think? Which color is best or most popular? I love the looks of the Euro plus the power, so I am getting one for sure but the color, well I have to live with it once I order it in ;)

Also is it worth getting a spoiler or the sideskirts?

Thanks in advance :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Well, the main thing that I think is that it's great to have you here. We're extra-appreciative of members from overseas -- it's terrific to have the different perspective and to hear about the (slightly) different car. And just to be hearing from someone from afar.

So, WELCOME!

It sounds like maybe the Arctic Blue wouldn't be your real #1 choice? (Because otherwise it would be a no-brainer, right??) I would have some question about how the Arctic Blue goes with the black interior -- I just can't really picture it. But if I were in your place, I would indeed just TAKE it, because I'd want to have the car as soon as I could, and that would be my #1 priority.

In fact, that WAS my #1 priority -- and I took a color that wouldn't have been anywhere near my first choice, just to get the car as soon as I could. My first choice would have been Arctic Blue (or maybe Meteor Silver but I didn't know about that color at the time). But the only colors I could pick if I wanted to get the car anytime soon were Carbon Gray and Ebony. And I took the Carbon Gray. I loved it within about 2 minutes. No regrets. But I'm sure I would have been very happy with the Arctic Blue too, with any interior.

About those body accessories, that's very individual. I'm not a fan of them, but a lot of people are. And whenever we've had "polls" about them, it's been about a 50:50 split.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Welcome to the site!! :wavey:

Ebony interior is nice...only interior color I wanted to get.
What color cars do you see mostly on the road over there? We have alot of silver cars over here so alot of people want to be different and get a different color. But I still went with a silver TSX instead :D So maybe you want to pick the one that you don't see alot of over there?

As far as the spoiler goes, I use it as a guide to see where my rear end is when I'm in reverse...my depth perception isn't that great because of my eyes and the spoiler works great. Plus I like the looks of the spoiler as well :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
welcome to the club.:wavey:

I have an Arctic Blue and I like it, so I recommend it, plus its easy to clean like Silver. It comes with Ebony leather like mines, plus I have a spoiler on mines.:)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
....my depth perception isn't that great because of my eyes....
Darnedest thing I ever heard!!!

(TRU is basically our resident artist.)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
larchmont said:
Well, the main thing that I think is that it's great to have you here. We're extra-appreciative of members from overseas -- it's terrific to have the different perspective and to hear about the (slightly) different car. And just to be hearing from someone from afar.

So, WELCOME!

It sounds like maybe the Arctic Blue wouldn't be your real #1 choice? (Because otherwise it would be a no-brainer, right??) I would have some question about how the Arctic Blue goes with the black interior -- I just can't really picture it. But if I were in your place, I would indeed just TAKE it, because I'd want to have the car as soon as I could, and that would be my #1 priority.

In fact, that WAS my #1 priority -- and I took a color that wouldn't have been anywhere near my first choice, just to get the car as soon as I could. My first choice would have been Arctic Blue (or maybe Meteor Silver but I didn't know about that color at the time). But the only colors I could pick if I wanted to get the car anytime soon were Carbon Gray and Ebony. And I took the Carbon Gray. I loved it within about 2 minutes. No regrets. But I'm sure I would have been very happy with the Arctic Blue too, with any interior.

About those body accessories, that's very individual. I'm not a fan of them, but a lot of people are. And whenever we've had "polls" about them, it's been about a 50:50 split.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I feel right at home here :)

Well I like the looks of the blue, but the silver is also quite nice, that is my predicament, however the blue is coming into the dealer first !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TSX 'R' US said:
Welcome to the site!! :wavey:

Ebony interior is nice...only interior color I wanted to get.
What color cars do you see mostly on the road over there? We have alot of silver cars over here so alot of people want to be different and get a different color. But I still went with a silver TSX instead :D So maybe you want to pick the one that you don't see alot of over there?

As far as the spoiler goes, I use it as a guide to see where my rear end is when I'm in reverse...my depth perception isn't that great because of my eyes and the spoiler works great. Plus I like the looks of the spoiler as well :D
Well my Fiance and I went to the Honda Head Office here yesterday because our dealer contacted them to see if they had an Arctic Blue Euro in stock so that way we could at least see it in person before making a decision. Unfortuneatly the person at the Honda Office made a mistake however, they only had the Indigo Blue Luxury model there not the Arctic Blue Standard Euro! Looking through the car park however we found a multitude of Accord Euro's, and a majority of them were silver or charchoal, no Arctic Blue ones at all ! I am not sure if this is because the color hasn't been shipped in mass here yet or it just isn't as popular as the more common silver or charchoal variants? The Arctic blue definately seems to stand out though compared to these other colors which are common here?

Does the spoiler in anyway inhibit your rear view seems the Euro is quite high at the back?

Thanks for the welcome too :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2004_Acura_TSX said:
welcome to the club.:wavey:

I have an Arctic Blue and I like it, so I recommend it, plus its easy to clean like Silver. It comes with Ebony leather like mines, plus I have a spoiler on mines.:)

Nice car, and thanks for the pics too because at least I get to see the Arctic Blue in non official Honda 'Touched Up' Photos :) Looks nice, and it is exactly the same color as the Arctic Blue Euro here in Australia, just a different name and the steering wheel is on the other side !

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
Well my Fiance and I went to the Honda Head Office here yesterday because our dealer contacted them to see if they had an Arctic Blue Euro in stock so that way we could at least see it in person before making a decision. Unfortuneatly the person at the Honda Office made a mistake however, they only had the Indigo Blue Luxury model there not the Arctic Blue Standard Euro! Looking through the car park however we found a multitude of Accord Euro's, and a majority of them were silver or charchoal, no Arctic Blue ones at all ! I am not sure if this is because the color hasn't been shipped in mass here yet or it just isn't as popular as the more common silver or charchoal variants? The Arctic blue definately seems to stand out though compared to these other colors which are common here?

Does the spoiler in anyway inhibit your rear view seems the Euro is quite high at the back?

Thanks for the welcome too :)
I do have to say...from pictures I really like the Acrtic blue. I still have yet to see one in person.. Here's a pic looking back...It doesn't really get in my way while driving. You can actually see through underneath the spoiler too (if that made any sense). I'm assuming the Euro Accord spoiler is the same height as our TSX?

And here's a shot of my SSM TSX with spoiler..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TSX 'R' US said:
I do have to say...from pictures I really like the Acrtic blue. I still have yet to see one in person.. Here's a pic looking back...It doesn't really get in my way while driving. You can actually see through underneath the spoiler too (if that made any sense). I'm assuming the Euro Accord spoiler is the same height as our TSX?

And here's a shot of my SSM TSX with spoiler..
ooo nice car!, thanks for the photos, the spoiler looks the same as the one which you have, so I guess that answers that question nicely :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
larchmont said:
By the way.....What is the luxury model?
Basically we have 2 versions of the Euro here, the luxury and standard, this is the brochure that we recieved from Honda in the mail:

http://www.honda.com.au/nr/showroom/accordeurobrochure.pdf

Honda Accord Euro This version of the model comes with black cloth seats and is minus some basic features that the Luxury has included. These are explained below.

Honda Accord Euro Luxury The mechanics are identical to the standard Euro, however the luxury comes with the option of leather seats, ivory interior or black interior, rain sensitive wipers, fog lights, heated seats, sunroof, and curtain airbags to match the front and side airbags already suplied in the standard Euro. This comes at a cost of an additional 8000 dollars or so.

So basically the Luxury has some nifty enhancements but I was looking at the standard to save costs, I don't really need wipers that come on automatically when it detects rain, or heated seats ;) Besides I can get a spoiler and some of the optional accessory components installed instead!

Read the PDF for more detailed info :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
....Honda Accord Euro Luxury The mechanics are identical to the standard Euro, however the luxury comes with the option of leather seats, ivory interior or black interior, rain sensitive wipers, fog lights, heated seats, sunroof, and curtain airbags to match the front and side airbags already suplied in the standard Euro. This comes at a cost of an additional 8000 dollars or so.....
Yes, that's a lot extra for stuff that has nothing to do with mechanics.
But it sounds like maybe you can pick and choose from among the options? Which would mean you could get just some of the things, and for less extra cost??

Some of those things, of course, are standard in the TSX, and others are available. But I've never heard of "rain sensitive wipers" before.

Thank you for the info, Thorn!

P.S. Check out the color Thorn put in there. Looks like he's really trying to warm up for the Arctic Blue..... :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
ooo nice car!, thanks for the photos, the spoiler looks the same as the one which you have, so I guess that answers that question nicely :)
Sounds like you want a spoiler from your post after that one :D

Here's a night-time pic of the spoiler brake light

And a closeup of the spoiler...

Can you tell I love my spoiler... :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
You can also check out the cars here too Larch.. http://www.honda.com.au/showroom1/index.htm

I love the flash intro's of both Accords..
Yes, great site. And how about the "drag and rotate"? :cool:

By the way, from the prices that are indicated, I gather that the dollar amounts are different from what we're familiar with in both the U.S. and Canada.
Seems like the $ value might be about half of the U.S. $??
i.e. The cost figures are about double. (Which would mean that the extra cost for the "luxury" model would be approximately $4000 U.S.?)

(That's still a lot for non-mechanical features.)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Checked it out -- the Australian dollar is actually 0.69 of the U.S. dollar.

So the extra cost for the "luxury" model is about $5500-$5600 U.S.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
larchmont said:
Yes, that's a lot extra for stuff that has nothing to do with mechanics.
But it sounds like maybe you can pick and choose from among the options? Which would mean you could get just some of the things, and for less extra cost??

Some of those things, of course, are standard in the TSX, and others are available. But I've never heard of "rain sensitive wipers" before.

Thank you for the info, Thorn!

P.S. Check out the color Thorn put in there. Looks like he's really trying to warm up for the Arctic Blue..... :D
Well some of the optional extras you can add in later yeah, but the heated seats and Rain Senstive wipers are only availiable on the luxury for obvious reasons! The Rain Sensitive Wipers work by detecting water on the windscreen, they can be set so they automatically come on and sense how heavy the flow of rain is and adjust accordingly... nifty but not something I would consider a must ;) Same can be said with the heated seats... nice idea but not really worth the extra money!

P.S. You noticed that color did you, that was meant to be like a physcic touch ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
larchmont said:
Checked it out -- the Australian dollar is actually 0.69 of the U.S. dollar.

So the extra cost for the "luxury" model is about $5500-$5600 U.S.
That sounds about right :) Our dollar did get up to 81 US cents at one stage but then the US put up their interest rates which brought our dollar back down ;)

The luxury does have some nice added features, black leather seats would be nice, but at that much extra cost I am not sure if it is worth it, a spoiler costs 800 dollars Australian to buy and install btw !

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TSX 'R' US said:
Sounds like you want a spoiler from your post after that one :D

Here's a night-time pic of the spoiler brake light

And a closeup of the spoiler...

Can you tell I love my spoiler... :D

OOO nice, and yeah you have sold me on that one, Honda would like to thank you I am sure :) Love your photos , good photos of Euros are hard to come by down here !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts