Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I own a 2010 TSX. I love this car, have had it since new and have no plans of getting rid of it! For quite some time my car has had a substancial water leak in the driver's side. I have cleared both sunroof outlets with my air compressor. The leak ONLY happens when it rains. I tend to think that the water is coming somewhere in the engine firewall, but I really have no idea since I have not been able to find the problem. Although I try to keep it dry my carpet is starting to suffer. Please help! I appreciate your inputs!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings all, I own a 2010 TSX. I love this car, have had it since new and have no plans of getting rid of it! For quite some time my car has had a substancial water leak in the driver's side. I have cleared both sunroof outlets with my air compressor. The leak ONLY happens when it rains. I tend to think that the water is coming somewhere in the engine firewall, but I really have no idea since I have not been able to find the problem. Although I try to keep it dry my carpet is starting to suffer. Please help! I appreciate your inputs!
Hey did you ever end up figuring out what it was? I have a 2011 TSX and a few days ago I noticed after a heavy rainy couple of days, my driver side floor mats were insanely soaked and had water pooling. Took off the side floor panel and pulled back the carpet a bit to feel around and check, and it seems to get wetter around the foot well. Brought it to my windshield place today and they confirmed it was not the windshield after some testing. They blew out 150 lbs of air into the drain in hopes of maybe clearing out debris.
I did the sunroof water test and that was fine.
Problem is major now though because there is so much water that has collected somewhere under my car or what sounds like my door, and when I drive around , I can actually hear all the massive amounts of water swishing around in there. It's crazy! I have an appointment for an estimate at a shop in a few days but honestly, leaving all that water in there is concerning obviously, with rust risks and what not.
What did you end up finding out was your problem? Any tips or help would be super appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too have the same exact problem with my daughters 2009 TSX.....I am literally at my wits end...and nobody seems to have a solution.
And to make matters worse....we live in Western Washington !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have the same exact problem with my daughters 2009 TSX.....I am literally at my wits end...and nobody seems to have a solution.
And to make matters worse....we live in Western Washington !
So I ended up getting this resolved. I took it to 3 shops before I had it figured out. So in my case it ended up being there was a grommet that was pinched in my drivers side left wheel well. It was pinched and not sitting right, so the water came through there and leaked right down the side into my flooring. Was an easy fix after that, but days of letting everything air out and pulling up the carpet and pulling back the paneling to vaccum all that water out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if my issue is the exact same, but I have a small drip coming from above the brake pedal mounting bracket on my 2010 TSX. I first noticed it when I discovered the panel above the brake pedal (where the driver-side footwell light mounts) had water pooled in the insulation. I think i've tracked it to an opening in the actual frame/firewall that's behind the insulation carpet near the brake pedal mounting bracket, but I need to watch the opening while it's actually raining. I tried to trace the leak by running water over the bottom of the windshield where the cowling meets, at the sunroof, and on the A-pillar but wasn't successful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts