Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
2009 Acura TSX. Love the car, but I have a very annoying issue... I am getting water inside the car on the drivers side, floor board, and also the drivers side on the back seat floor board. It's not just a little, either. Each time I stop or accelerate, I can hear water sloshing around. And if I stop on a downhill, water begins to puddle under my feet. And then, of course, the car starts to smell musty.

I thought at first it was just the windshield leaking. When I get in the car after a few days, the extreme left side of the windshield has moisture inside. But this would not account for the sloshing sound if it were merely leaking onto the floor. Somewhere, there is a lot of water collected.

So then, I thought maybe it was the sunroof draining hoses that were clogged/plugged. I used some compressed air and blew through the lines and they seem to be clear. What on earth could it be? At this point I'm relegated to the idea of simply drilling a small hole or two in the floor board to let the water drain, but I'm afraid that I might hit some wiring hidden in there somewhere.

Has anybody else had this issue? What did you do? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Darrin

·
Registered
116 Posts
There's probably a drain for condensation from the AC heat exchanger in the cabin, maybe that's plugged up? If you live in a humid place that will generate a fair amount of water.

If you don't think there's a leak, let the car idle for a while with the AC on full blast... you should see water pooling under the car about where the front seats are. If you don't see any, it's going somewhere else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have a sunroof? Get in the car and stick your head through the roof and look for two holes where the glass closes; one hole the left and the right. Make sure they are not clogged and clean anything that may be lodged in there. If they are clear take some compressed air and spray them open and check the bottom of the car for any gunk* these drain all the way down and through the side of your windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you experienced At pulling interior plastic pieces off? Pull the plastic off around your windshield pull the plastic off around your doors and check for rust if it’s letting water in you may be able to see a line of rust dripping. And what the first two guys said👆🏼👆🏼 your AC drain and your sun roof drains. I’ve had all of them happen. I am currently fixing the seal around my MDXs windshield 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts