Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 is lowered on koni yellows and eibach prokits.
I currently have brand new end links all around, plus a TL-S rear sway bar.
I'm experiencing body roll whenever I turn the car.. the entire front does not feel very stable. I wish the car felt more planted when I change direction.

My question is, how beneficial would replacing the stock front strut bar be? Would it give me any noticeable gains?
I was also looking into a Cusco Type I or II bar. I'm concerned about ground clearance since I'm quite low to the ground (no finger gap in front). I hear people have clearance issues with the cat converter as well as scraping the bar on the ground..

Is there something else I can do to eliminate front end body roll?
I do notice that if I dial my koni's to full damper the body roll is less, but that setting is far too uncomfortable for daily driving.
Is there something else I could do?
I miss the feel that my old 94 accord had with koni yellows and urethane endlink bushings :eek:

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Look into a cusco type 1 lower bar, dramatically reduces body roll and stiffens chassis for a more neutral feeling on turns

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was about to purchase the Type 1 bar, but from what I gather most people would prefer the Type II over it.
And I'm also concerned with the ground clearance with the Type I or Type II bars.. is the Type I a bit more forgiving with being lowered?

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Type 1 requires no retrofitting done to the cat converters heat shield and has been lowered friendly for me. I have zero wheel gap and tucking on 17" and haven't scrapped the bar at all unless I hit a pothole or go over a huge speed bump

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input Nomad, I went ahead and ordered a Type 1 bar.
Im usually quite good with maneuvering my car around steep inclines and whatnot. I drive on the highway mostly.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Had the type I, noticed nothing and it rubbed the factory header terribly. Removed it if anyone wants one, will let it go cheap.

Would try the type II, but will get a carbing strut bar before I bother.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems some people say there is no difference while others say otherwise.
I guess I'll have to see what It does for my suspension setup..

I would love an Alutec strut bar but they are pricey..

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I suggest upgrading to the solid tl-s fsb along with poly fsb bushings. that should help with the front end body roll you're experiencing without sacrificing ride quality

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Hmm, have you tried adjusting the dampening on your koni's?

I'm lowered on Konis with Progress RSB and that enough made me satisfied. Maybe you have much higher expectations.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I find it hard to believe a "strut" bar doing anything on a car without struts lol, but then again, mine did come with a factory bar that ties the shock towers.. so who knows.

Regardless, to eliminate roll you'd probably want stiffer springs and/or sway bars. Body roll isn't always a bad thing, my 2nd gen still has some roll (KONIs and stock springs), but handles better than my Subaru did with KONI struts and STi springs. If your front end is "washing out" and you don't have enough grip, maybe your tires aren't gripping well -- are they in good shape? BTW, I always found upgrading to a larger front bar improving front grip and steering feel, but it has to be balanced vs. the rear.

^^Those fender braces look badass. Braces under the car look awesome too, but I would not make it far with that little clearance around here.

Stan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got neuspeed rear sway bar and that by it self reduced the body roll, coilovers also helped alot.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I don't think you will see much of an improvement over the oem supplied strut bar. I took a quick look at it the other night and it looks like it makes 4 points of contact(please correct me if I'm wrong) so it is actually very nicely designed. I could see this as an improvement on an old integra that wasn't supplied by Honda. I'm guessing other bracing upgrades will give you what you are looking for like a larger FSB. Keep in mind a larger FSB will make your car more prone to understeer in some cases.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The TLS RSB did help a bit with the body roll. My tires are in good shape, it just feels like the front end isnt very well planted. I've considered a front sway bar, but I have a feeling that may induce more understeer...

As I mentioned before, if I dial in my koni's to the full damper setting in the front the body roll is much less, but the ride is much too harsh..
I'd like to be able to change direction without the sway the car experiences.. Perhaps the pro-kits are too soft? The koni yellow/eibach prokit setup on my 94 accord was the perfect combo of comfort and handling..

I'd hate to swap out the TLS RSB for the progress one..

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just a quick question- are you trying to reduce roll or get the nose to tuck in/rear end to rotate when you turn? To reduce roll, I think the easiest way to fix that is stiffer springs. A larger rear sway bar will help the rear end to rotate more but not reduce the front end roll so much. Also, koni dampers and most bought dampers/coilovers are rebound adjustable not compression.

I think an option might be a fender brace. PM Kevin and ask him how each of his bracing products affected his handling.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
I would also suggest stiffer springs or suspension will definitely reduce body roll.
Downside is you do lose a bit of comfort.
Perhaps maybe a front lower strut bar might help stiffen the front end?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Yea I believe stiffer springs and dampening would reduce body roll the most. I don' think chasiss flex contribute THAT much to body roll

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'm going through this whole situation as well. Going to try out TLS FSB's. I already have my neuspeed upper strut bar, comptech rsb and tein ss coils dialed to the stiffest. I still feel front body roll but my expectations are fairly high.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.