Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally received my Weapon R racing header (Thanks to Marcus from Heeltoe for all his hard work), and have been able to run a before and after dyno.
My car:
2005 Acura TSX 6 speed Manual

Mods on base run:
Air intake resonator box removed (stock paper filter)
Non-Stop tuning pulleys (again thanks Marcus!)

Mods after base run:
Weapon R race header
Weapon R test pipe
Ebay "L" shaped defouler
Of course I still have the pulleys and removed resonator box.

After I installed the header, you could hear the grizzly/raspiness sound you always get with a header and test pipe. The engine seemed to pull very strong and and VTEC went from just an obnoxious noise, to actual performance! My car actually behaved like a B18c after VTEC, before it would just fall away....you all know the feeling. Anyway, not trusting my butt dyno, I ran to make sure I was feeling something and not just hearing it....sure enough, an actual nice gain!
See my before and after plot:

Good points....NO rattles, NO banging, NO leaks, NO real problem hooking it up, tons of power, nice and shiny.

Bad points....very hard to get the first O2 sensor in (an extender should be sold with this header...take note Marcus. The header had the hanger facing the wrong way...duh! The step from the 2.5" test pipe to the stock exhaust is killing about 3-5 whp (opinion).

That's all, thanks

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
cool... so you're going to drive around with a testpipe on??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so a test pipe is needed for this setup right? it doesn't bolt right up to the stock cat?
Correct, you can't bolt this system up to the stock cat because it has a two bolt flange...it's also a 2.5" collector. I wonder if a cat from an Integra would fit?

·
Registered
63 Posts
How about welding a universal cat to the test pipe? I did that to a Jackson Racing race header. Cut out a section of the pipe and weld on a universal high flow cat. No CEL on my RSX.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Nice writeup! Very informative. 20 whp is a lot of bolt on. Good stuff!

I think stock Vtec should be lower in the TSX. I mean 6K is just not enough Vtec!

I see K-Pro in your future! :D

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
so is the hanger issue just a design flaw, or is that how the jdm setup is?

pretty impressive. would be interesting to see how much it'd add to the 06+.

·
#HTinyourcorner
3,174 Posts
hey does the header come with the defouler? couldn't find one on ebay
It does not. We have them but not the right angle one.

Don't search for "defouler" that is the WRONG name for this part. It is a CEL or MIL Eliminator

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think this header would do better on an '06 because it breathes better.
I got the defouler (CEL or MIL eliminator) from Touge Factory on ebay, it's is 18mm fits Evo X, plus other vehicles.

I do have an engine code, but it's not because of the test pipe...in my opinion, when I took out my cat, the O2 sensor threads were destroyed, so I bought an aftermarket O2 sensor and wired it up. The code I'm getting is P0139, which is a slow responding O2 sensor. I think if I get a stock O2 sensor ($200) it will work correctly. We will see.
Other than that, I love the mod and would suggest it to most anyone.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Did you notice any decrease in low end power? Like, you need to push on the gas harder to accelerate than you previous had to. (I'm talking about 1k-3K rpms only)

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
64 Participants
Faithnomore
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing