Acura TSX Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does anyone know the part number of the gasket that fits between the header and the engine. I have a Weapon R and plan to install it in the spring. Would it be the OEM TSX one?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know the part number of the gasket that fits between the header and the engine. I have a Weapon R and plan to install it in the spring. Would it be the OEM TSX one?

Thanks
The gasket should come with the header. Don't quote me on that, but I would assume it would.

Also, does anyone know the diameter of the test pipe or the flanges? I'm trying to figure out if I can make a custom cat so that I can pass emissions if I get it.

Also, I am trying to get my hands on a Vibrant cat-back (part# 1692) Anybody know if I might run into any issues with the combo? Fitment or different diameter?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So has anyone fit this to a 2007-2008? I have an 08 AT tsx and was considering this header but everywhere I look it lists for a 2004-2005 tsx. Should be the same but it cant hurt to ask.

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
Should fit...think ECU is only real diff. Vs. an 2006 - and I think an 06 has been documented with the WR and vs. 04-05 you just have a little better breathing head plus the ECU difference.

If you get it - please do before and after dyno to provide other 07-08s the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats what I figured, but I was hoping someone had installed one already and could confirm. Ill give it some time and see if anyone responds.

As far as the dyno, Id love to, but the expense involved isnt really worth it. Maybe down the road if I consider the vtc change.

·
Registered
72 Posts
So has anyone fit this to a 2007-2008? I have an 08 AT tsx and was considering this header but everywhere I look it lists for a 2004-2005 tsx. Should be the same but it cant hurt to ask.
It definitely will fit 07-08..just installed weapon r header on my 08 last week...car works and drives perfect and it sounds good too. According to my butt dyno def is a big diference between it and stock.. It doesn't come with exhaust mani gasket but does come with the donut gasket and spring bolts but u will need to get 3 regular bolts with nuts to attach it to stock catback and an o2 defouler for no cel.. O2 extension cable is not necessary but will make it easier to install..didn't run into any problems at all and it took about an hour to do on a lift

·
Registered
11 Posts
It definitely will fit 07-08..just installed weapon r header on my 08 last week...car works and drives perfect and it sounds good too. According to my butt dyno def is a big diference between it and stock.. It doesn't come with exhaust mani gasket but does come with the donut gasket and spring bolts but u will need to get 3 regular bolts with nuts to attach it to stock catback and an o2 defouler for no cel.. O2 extension cable is not necessary but will make it easier to install..didn't run into any problems at all and it took about an hour to do on a lift
Awesome. Thanks for the input, now I'm not afraid to buy it. First I'll do the flashpro and intake gasket. Then I'll get this weapon r header.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Been going back and forth with this vs. the CT-E one. Is the "JDM" hanger still an issue or was that fixed? Really leaning towards the CT as I have the Fastline Testpipe already. Has WR quality really gotten that much better?

·
Registered
72 Posts
They just took the hanger off...they said that it wasnt needed for race headers...i haven't heard anything banging or anything like that so kind of believe them....cte header uses factory flanges not jdm so not all test pipes will fit with their header

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
714 Posts
does anyone know what the thickness of the steel is that they use on the weapon r header?

i want to import one to the UK so im trying to get as much info as i can before i do, as i have to pay 20% tax on importing it :squint:

if anyone knows that would be great :)

just to edit i read somewhere its 15 guage, but i have no idea what that is, anyone know what it is in metric? in mm?

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
does anyone know what the thickness of the steel is that they use on the weapon r header?

i want to import one to the UK so im trying to get as much info as i can before i do, as i have to pay 20% tax on importing it :squint:

if anyone knows that would be great :)

just to edit i read somewhere its 15 guage, but i have no idea what that is, anyone know what it is in metric? in mm?

thanks
The shipping weight was 17 pounds which i think is like 7 1/2 or 8 kilos...don't know if that will help

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
weapon r website states it fits 04-08

also, is the only option for having the stock cat, is to buy a 2.5" I/O cat and have an exhaust shop weld it into place using the W-R testpipe flanges/piping?

or you can go with a CT header and just bolt it on to stock cat, but then there are issues with it rattling?

·
Registered
72 Posts
weapon r website states it fits 04-08

also, is the only option for having the stock cat, is to buy a 2.5" I/O cat and have an exhaust shop weld it into place using the W-R testpipe flanges/piping?

or you can go with a CT header and just bolt it on to stock cat, but then there are issues with it rattling?

if ur going to leave the stock cat ur better off not even spending the money on headers because the stock cat is the main cause of restriction in the stock set up...ct header is more money and u get less performance and parts...that doesn't make any sense to me. Plus if u really wanted a cat u could get a magna-flow high flow cat and have any muffler shop weld it in....I was going to do that but decided to try just the test pipe first instead and now Im glad that I didnt cause the smell isn't bad on our cars because the motors are designed to be really efficient at idle so u don't have any unburned gas smell which is what would make it smell like rotten eggs...weapon r is like $200 less than ct header so u can take that money and get a 50* vtc gear and be making a lot more power for the money

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
64 Participants
Faithnomore
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing