Acura TSX Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
i hear ya on the stock cat part, figured the 06+ cat would be more liberal when compared to the 04-05, reason i didn't go with an aftermarket cat- cause it wouldn't be that much different but am worried about the smellyness and to be able to bolt it to a stock cat to pass emissions

well if its good with an 04-05 and 07-08, should be good with an 06 as well... no?

anyone interested in a GB on the WR header? - i've made a sep. thread for GB interest

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow so the Weapon R is the best for the money. So what is the number so the CT Header? What about if you going to run the Random Tech Cat(RTC)?

Random is very close to us. Were thinking of going down there to get one on the 10' SC they don't have one and he said he just hasn't found anyone to come in so he can make one for the SC.

We have one on our 2003 Accord and it was the Best $295 ever! Gain MPG, ran so much better and more HP and TQ. Can't go wrong with with it, but had to run a CEL but other then that PUT big HEARTS next to RTC.

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
i hear ya on the stock cat part, figured the 06+ cat would be more liberal when compared to the 04-05, reason i didn't go with an aftermarket cat- cause it wouldn't be that much different but am worried about the smellyness and to be able to bolt it to a stock cat to pass emissions

well if its good with an 04-05 and 07-08, should be good with an 06 as well... no?

anyone interested in a GB on the WR header?
Yes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm down! Link to that thread?

anyone interested in a GB on the WR header? - i've made a sep. thread for GB interest

·
Registered
235 Posts
Weapon R header/test pipe ordered and on the way. Ill throw this in with the 50degree VTC mod and report back.
What years your car? Hope we all see nice numbers. My header came in a few days ago with rbc mani and doing the 45° vtc. Very excited to see the gains once I have flashpro this summer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
What years your car? Hope we all see nice numbers. My header came in a few days ago with rbc mani and doing the 45° vtc. Very excited to see the gains once I have flashpro this summer.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.com App
If the info in his profile is correct, he has a 2008

·
Registered
11 Posts
Alright, had the weapon R race header & test pipe, with the 50degree RSX type-s VTC gear installed yesterday.

With the updated calibration from HONDATA, the car certainly improved its power band.

Stock the car only makes decent power from 6-7300k rpms

Hondata reflash with intake car makes decent power from 5-7600k rpms

With the addition of the header, test pipe and 50degree VTC the car makes decent/good power from 4-7600rpms.

Overall you increase the useful power band from a whopping 1.3k rpms to 3.6k rpms, which when passing someone makes a WORLD of difference.

The peak power may have increased generally speaking everywhere, but the modest gain probably isn’t worth getting excited about. Honestly, I did these mods to increase the useful power band, and I’m happy with the results.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Weapon R installed

Finally installed my Weapon R header after sitting for nine months.

Instead of the straight pipe, I had a local guy weld in a high flow cat using the weapon r straight pipe. I also took the advice of a fellow club member (thanks Calgary) and had him relocate the bung - one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. The person who installed it even fabricated a hanger so I can use the existing rubber holder on the car. The installer is meticulous about his work but it was pricey. He also plane'd the header face so it was completely flat - so there would be no leaks.

Here is the result:
Header1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and

Header2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery and have gone on several runs. The power is smoother and pulls harder from 3k onward.

Is it a huge difference? No but nice
Is it worth the money to do all this? Debatable.

My next purchase is a reflash. I don't plan to do much more than this.

Note: the only other mod I have is a comptech icebox.

·
-
1,556 Posts
Finally installed my Weapon R header after sitting for nine months.

Instead of the straight pipe, I had a local guy weld in a high flow cat using the weapon r straight pipe. I also took the advice of a fellow club member (thanks Calgary) and had him relocate the bung - one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side. The person who installed it even fabricated a hanger so I can use the existing rubber holder on the car. The installer is meticulous about his work but it was pricey. He also plane'd the header face so it was completely flat - so there would be no leaks.

Here is the result:
Header1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and

Header2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I have reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery and have gone on several runs. The power is smoother and pulls harder from 3k onward.

Is it a huge difference? No but nice
Is it worth the money to do all this? Debatable.

My next purchase is a reflash. I don't plan to do much more than this.

Note: the only other mod I have is a comptech icebox.

Well that turned out awesome Tommy!

The job done by the guy welding up the cat did a great job.
The front O2 sensor bung relocate turned out perfect. No need to re-route the front O2 sensor wiring.

Sending your ECU to Hondata for the reflash is awkward from Canada. I did mine while wifey & I were on holidays & it took over 2 weeks return.

If your car is a 6 speed manual trans, then I would try to find a used 2007-08 6speed MT ECU & then go for the FlashPro.
That won't be easy to find in Canada though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Got my header on about a week ago. Love it. Surprisingly, you can actually notice the gains. ESPECIALLY in VTEC! It's great. Except it's very noisy. And it sounds like it's got a little exhaust leak. Anyone else notice this? Could it just be the airflow through the pipe?

·
Registered
161 Posts
got mine today...can't wait to install...

CL7-R
Finally installed...didn't expect the results I've gotten thus far but I'm very pleased. This was well worth the money and I'd recommend it to anyone. Just kinda sorry they took the hanger off as I know have to have one installed to stop the exhaust from scraping on speed humps etc. I also need to find a solution to make the car a little quieter. Seriously contemplating an oval muffler rather than he cannister type that came with my cat-back or going twin mufflers.

CL7-R

101 - 120 of 129 Posts
About this Discussion
128 Replies
64 Participants
Faithnomore
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing